Sopranos final scene...what happened?

Bob Loblaw

Superstar
Daps
Series creator said Its up to the viewer to interpret the final scene how they want but waited til Gandolfini died and closed the door on a movie to say that tony died in the final scene :shaq2:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
The interpretation that works best IMO is that he got killed. There is an essay floating around that goes into great detail (along with photo evidence) explaining why this is the best interpretation.

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
Tony did say he thinks death is like blackness & nothingness to Bobby on that boat.

Thats what we got, every other episode ended with music.

So he got popped, David Chase was showing his POV for a reason.

It was still a shytty ending though brehs :martin:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I think you can read it however you'd prefer, I've read all the theories and somewhat unlikely compilations of evidence that support he was definitely killed, but I just think it was untrue to the show's style, and the much better narrative was that life just continued on, hence the music. For me, he didn't die. I appreciate the direction and thought that went into the final scenes, but without an actual kill scene, it's all window dressing. Feds move toward an indictment, AJ starts working with Carmine Jr, doesn't join the Army, Meadow moves closer to marriage, life went on.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Meadows biracial x boyfriend blew Tony's fukkin head off, killed the rest of Tony's goons and escaped to israel

the end

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I think you can read it however you'd prefer, I've read all the theories and somewhat unlikely compilations of evidence that support he was definitely killed, but I just think it was untrue to the show's style, and the much better narrative was that life just continued on, hence the music. For me, he didn't die. I appreciate the direction and thought that went into the final scenes, but without an actual kill scene, it's all window dressing. Feds move toward an indictment, AJ starts working with Carmine Jr, doesn't join the Army, Meadow moves closer to marriage, life went on.
He got arrested for the Leotardo hit that was the first time feds caught Tony on tape, the whole last season was about the feds closing in on Tony on top of the NY war...The things Tony feared most steadily happened the last two seasons, AJ started becoming attracted to the mob lifestyle, Tony put him under lil carmine wing to keep him at enough of a distance, as far as med the whole series he hated her bfs for the most part and she planned on marrying into the mob to the dismay of Tony, he wanted his kids to have nothing to do with the thing... And Carmella he feared not being able to provide if he got popped by the feds, he became a gamblholic with no steady income, burning bridges with his father's friend hesh....Then he got caught on tape

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He got arrested for the Leotardo hit that was the first time feds caught Tony on tape, the whole last season was about the feds closing in on Tony on top of the NY war...The things Tony feared most steadily happened the last two seasons, AJ started becoming attracted to the mob lifestyle, Tony put him under lil carmine wing to keep him at enough of a distance, as far as med the whole series he hated her bfs for the most part and she planned on marrying into the mob to the dismay of Tony, he wanted his kids to have nothing to do with the thing... And Carmella he feared not being able to provide if he got popped by the feds, he became a gamblholic with no steady income, burning bridges with his father's friend hesh....Then he got caught on tape
ehhh

wasnt it patsy parisis kid? he was in a law firm. i guess by association, but her husband wasnt gonna be in it

hell, tony and carmela were happy about her with that kid. remember the scene where he was talking about setting her up with the six figure job?

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
ehhh

wasnt it patsy parisis kid? he was in a law firm. i guess by association, but her husband wasnt gonna be in it

hell, tony and carmela were happy about her with that kid. remember the scene where he was talking about setting her up with the six figure job?
Tony hated Pat n Pat knew Tony killed his brother, no way Tony was okay with it, pay attention to their interactions the last two seasons, Tony simply stopped caring, about the things he cared about throughout and that's how he got caught on tape...Feds were already in a process of a Rico before Tony slipped up