Sooo is there ever any explanation to why Ballas run Grove Street?

msims

Bmore nicca
Daps
GTA 4 and 5 are not set in the same universe as GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas, character wise that is, the 3D universe and HD universe are parallel worlds to each other. The only thing that crosses over are brands and background characters.

Source?​

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I was in the strip club as Franklin and just as I was picking a stripper to bus' it open for me a nikka on a cellphone was talking to someone called "CJ"

Unless their writer(s) are idiots and mistakenly did this, I think CJ is alive somewhere.

:yeshrug:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps

Source?​
http://www.grandtheftwiki.com/Universes

Dan says that no one before GTA IV will be in it – the move to HD created a schism in this fictional universe, rendering CJ, Tony and co, as mythical characters from a bygone era. But will we see stories from the previous game looping into this one? "I think that might be too mannered," says Houser. "Nico had a particular kind of story and we're trying to make this different. We might allude to things from that world, but we didn't want it to feel like, well, here's the opposite of an immigration story – we wanted a fresh take on what it means to be a criminal in this world of hyper-real Americana".
Interview with Dan Houser in The Guardia

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

Source?​

Thought this was common knowledge by now, but anyway

"Rockstar says:
El Burro is referenced as he was also referenced in GTA 1, so it felt appropriate that he should cross “universes” – the “universes” are the worlds interpreted at different definitions, 2d, 3d and high definition, so we felt brands and radio / back ground characters would exist in both, but 3 dimensional characters would not. This is the logic (as far as it could be considered logical) behind it – so no, we don’t believe any GTA3 characters could exist in the GTA4 universe."

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...r-questions-answered-part-one-claude-dar.html

:sadcam: I know breh, I know.

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
Only characters to crossover is Lazlow and Fernando. Even tho that dude running for mayor was in Vice City.

Good Guy Guevara

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I was thoroughly confused when I kept hearing CGF and seeing these nikkas wearing Grove Street colors. When I drove by the old block......:wow::to:

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
After u finish a certain mission one of the checkmarks/accomplishments is "better than CJ" :manny: