Soo... Sony wants a Mario level IP.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:ehh:Agree Mario works because he been around since the 80s. With consistently good games throughout multiple genres. Mario is literally the standard and godfather of the platformer genre. His popularity doesn’t have anything to do with what bruh typed up.

Nuh Uh, Mario is a bipedal humanoid! :troll:

Daps
I’ve seen nothing but enthusiasm about Astro’s next game, everybody loved the first game and nothing has come close to it on PS5.:ehh:

He’s clearly their best shot at creating a mascot, but they need to market him way more and have tight quality control on all his future games. Even more important Astro is their chance at proposing family games on PS5, a market that seems really ignored on PS5.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
His popularity doesn’t have anything to do with what bruh typed up.
This is just not true. My post doesn't have ANYTHING to do with why Mario is popular?
:mjlol: if Mario was huge bald buff man like Kratos he would not be anywhere near as popular it's called universal appeal breh. I even mentioned making consistent games as well. Kids decide what characters are popular and then they grow up and stan them. Consistent good games with a broadly appealing mascot to represent is how you get a icons like Mario and Sonic. That's marketing 101.

And @ me next time instead of jumping on somebody else post.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
This is just not true. My post doesn't have ANYTHING to do with why Mario is popular?
:mjlol: if Mario was huge bald buff man like Kratos he would not be anywhere near as popular it's called universal appeal breh. I even mentioned making consistent games as well. Kids decide what characters are popular and then they grow up and stan them. Consistent good games with a broadly appealing mascot to represent is how you get a icons like Mario and Sonic. That's marketing 101.

And @ me next time instead of jumping on somebody else post.
:mjlol:You still yappin bruh

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
I'm still waiting to see a robot mascot that is on the level of Mario and Sonic...I'll wait...
Astro Boy :dahell:

Arale from Dr Slump :dahell:

Massive properties that have sold a bunch

I agree Astro Bot has limited appeal but humanoid android mascots have been massive historically, Mega Man being one of them

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
My kid loves Astro :yeshrug:

I initially just let him play so he could learn the controls. The game didn't look like fun to me but maybe I'm not the target audience.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:hubie:I ask for forgiveness for speaking ill about the young god Astro Bot. For I wasn’t educated about his greatness.
7b685348-7914-47b7-a874-d8df9972d812_text.gif
:blessed: