Sony's PlayStation 4 Has Nearly Outsold the PlayStation 3

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
The Japanese electronics giant sold 9 million PlayStation 4 consoles from October through December, it said on Friday in its latest quarterly earnings report. Sales for the console were at 67.5 million as of Sept. 30 2017, according to Sony's previous quarterly earnings report, bringing the total to 76.5 million. The PlayStation 2 remains Sony's best-selling console, with over 150 million units sold. These figures come days after Nintendo on Wednesday revealed the Switch, released last March, is up to 14.8 million in sales. Sales of Microsoft's Xbox One are estimated by VGChartz to be around 36 million.

Sony's PlayStation 4 has nearly outsold the PlayStation 3

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Guess the hype and wait strategy by Sony was well executed. Good for them.

36 mill for Xbox ain't a bad number either. Sony just sold more.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Sony did their thing coasting enough at the beginning to get the exclusives going on nowadays. Xbox could've potentially won if they pressed the issue with multi media nonsense to start out with, cause obv their fanbase doesnt care about games

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
:mjcry: I guess that number ain't low to me since Wii U only sold 13 mill in 4 years, maybe 5.
Wiiu was such a huge flop, I wouldn't look at that system for a comparison to anything
:mjlol:

That system flopped so hard, people think all the switch ports are new games for the switch.

I know people that still don't know that the Wii u was a console and not a Wii addon controller.
:francis:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
:huhldup:more than double?

gif6.gif

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Idk breh, 36 mil for a console that's about to be 5 years old is kinda a low when the other console sold double and nintendo sold half of that in a year.

Nintendo switch has an advantage in its release timing and the fact that both ps4 and xbone owners buy it rather than choosing one or the other. Not copping pleas though, M$ shouldve been smarter and got more console exclusives

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Wiiu was such a huge flop, I wouldn't look at that system for a comparison to anything

That system flopped so hard, people think all the switch ports are new games for the switch.

I know people that still don't know that the Wii u was a console and not a Wii addon controller.

:deadrose: shyt would have been scary if they didn't have a handheld to fall back on.

child: mom can you buy me a Wii U?

Mom: :dahell: fukk you mean? I already bought that for U.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Nintendo switch has an advantage in its release timing and the fact that both ps4 and xbone owners buy it rather than choosing one or the other. Not copping pleas though, M$ shouldve been smarter and got more console exclusives
You can't ignore nintendo exclusives as a factor. I really don't understand how Microsoft has so little exclusives this deep in the game.
:dwillhuh:

It's not like they don't have the money or the studios.