Sony wants it's Playstation Exclusives to Come to PC Earlier

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:blessed: I've been saying the gap will get smaller and smaller until it's day and date. Helldivers 2 may fukk around and give Last of US 3 a 6 month wait.

Also the chief wants to clarify multiplatform as in Playstation and PC. No Xbox or Switch

ridge

Daps
Sony’s revenues are huge but they’re making barely any money. Not surprised at all.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

:blessed: I've been saying the gap will get smaller and smaller until it's day and date. Helldivers 2 may fukk around and give Last of US 3 a 6 month wait.

Also the chief wants to clarify multiplatform as in Playstation and PC. No Xbox or Switch
If they're paying attention to Helldivers 2 the hype cycle you get launching games the same day pays off.

You're not likely to get those sorts of numbers launching old games on PC a year and a half or 2 later.

Everything needs to be day and date going forward. We live in a viral meme culture where these things can catch fire very quickly and you need to be there everywhere to maximize that.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If they're paying attention to Helldivers 2 the hype cycle you get launching games the same day pays off.

You're not likely to get those sorts of numbers launching old games on PC a year and a half or 2 later.

Everything needs to be day and date going forward. We live in a viral meme culture where these things can catch fire very quickly and you need to be there everywhere to maximize that.
I think Helldivers 2 is probably a wake up call for them. Sony clearly wasn't expecting to do all that with this title but they will proabably pay attention to releases going forward. I'm not saying all their major franchises will go day and date but it will be a shorter window and some franchises will go day and date I believe and i'm not just talking about GAAS games. I'm surprised they didn't do a Stellar Blade release with PC especially since it's a Korean made game and Korea is PC dominant. I don't expect there to be a long release window for this game though since it's only a console exclusive. Same with Rise of the Ronin.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this is very true

and you also get more people paying full price. if you make people wait, many will wait a little longer for a sale
Didn’t Sony release 4 year old games on PC at almost full price? Like was uncharted 4 almost full price on steam?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
On PC especially the expectation is that game prices should come down rapidly.

You release your game a year or two late for full price PC players are just fine with waiting till it hits a price point they like.

For day one buyers “hype” is a huge part of that. You gotta cash in on the day one hype on PC to make big money, or have an ongoing game people will buy, play, spend money on for years to come.

Helldivers is a proof of concept. And i’m sure ain’t nobody sell their PS5 cause it came out on PC.

Sony bean counters doing the birdman rubs hands gif right now.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Didn’t Sony release 4 year old games on PC at almost full price? Like was uncharted 4 almost full price on steam?
it was the remake, that was similarly priced on PS5

Horizon Forbidden West will be $60

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On PC especially the expectation is that game prices should come down rapidly.

You release your game a year or two late for full price PC players are just fine with waiting till it hits a price point they like.

For day one buyers “hype” is a huge part of that. You gotta cash in on the day one hype on PC to make big money, or have an ongoing game people will buy, play, spend money on for years to come.

Helldivers is a proof of concept. And i’m sure ain’t nobody sell their PS5 cause it came out on PC.

Sony bean counters doing the birdman rubs hands gif right now.
They will sell more games closer to day and date releasing games 2 or 3 years later diminishes the sales potential. They got lucky with God of war and Horizon because those were the first few titles coming to PC.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's dumb for a game that comes to PC years later is full price while the same game is like $20 on Playstation lol. If it comes to PC it should be lower priced off rip. It's like they treat the PC ports as "remasters".

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's dumb for a game that comes to PC years later is full price while the same game is like $20 on Playstation lol. If it comes to PC it should be lower priced off rip.
I agree but that was Sony being greedy. That’s why games like Ratchet and Clank rift apart flopped because it was released almost 3 years later and almost full price. Their pricing structure on PC needs changes if they are going to release on PC. Only time it should be full price is day and date or close to it.

But that was them testing the waters. Im sure with Helladiver 2 being successful they will modify their approach.