Sony vs MS this gen is basically MCU vs DCEU

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
I was a DCEU stan (MoS is still GOAT superhero movie) but once IW trailer dropped and BP came through along with the travesty that was JL, I knew to take the L.

It's pathetic.

If Microsoft doesn't change things their next console is going do even worse. Word of mouth, especially in this ever connected, ever critical social media age, is the most important thing here. Once a brand has a certain feeling attached to it, it's difficult to shake off. Sony have had banger after banger after banger and truthfully their past success and goodwill they've built is slightly skewing reviews and reactions in their favor imo. If for example, MS had made Killzone or Infamous Second Son, it would have probably have had a slightly lower score than it does on the PS4. What I'm trying to say is perception matters and going too long without changing things is going to make the situation worse.

Remember how despite the PS4's launch, Sony kept releasing great games for the PS3? I guarantee the same thing happens during the transition from PS4 to PS5. MS will likely abandon Xbox One X early.

Dude hosts the biggest Xbox focused podcast on the net and even he's tired of this shyt. The tweet is slightly inaccurate because Sony have been killing the SP exclusive game since the PS1.

Enough of this games as a service bullshyt, make good games first.

Also Xbots, just take the L. You've lost this gen all the back in 2013. :hhh:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Xbox was/is trying to take gaming in another direction.

They just pull the trigger to quick, I do feel like if not for the OG xbox and xbox live we would still have very crappy online play and services.

The problem isn't the system, for the internet the problem is the lack of exclusive titles, which the older I get the dumber it is for that to be a reason to win or lose.

I'm fine with my x1x, but the optics of it look bad.

Microsfot is damn if the do or dont. If they buy up a bunch of stuff and make it st party people will cry, if they don't focus on 1st party people will cry.

Dotcom

OnAComUP
Daps
Xbox fails by concept of vision, the strategy is a effort that works in some cases but the type of budget games compared to Sony is much lesser. Sony is releasing Grade AAA top quality first party releases and Microsoft can’t decide if it’s gonna release a Minecraft or battle royal shooter both without developing entirely just getting it on the platform.. Basically if u like McDonald’s then that’s Xbox just a quick gaming snack but if u like fancy elegant dinning then Sony has a bigger and better quality. Truth

Black Nate Grey

Daps
Xbox was/is trying to take gaming in another direction.

They just pull the trigger to quick, I do feel like if not for the OG xbox and xbox live we would still have very crappy online play and services.
I agree but I'm talking about this gen. MS basically killed all the goodwill they built with those two consoles during E3 2013 and ths gen.

The problem isn't the system, for the internet the problem is the lack of exclusive titles, which the older I get the dumber it is for that to be a reason to win or lose.

I'm fine with my x1x, but the optics of it look bad.
It doesn't matter if its dumb, it matters that it is. I don't see how that's dumb anyways. It's logical imo.
  • Competitor A and Competitor B have similar products.
  • A and B need to find a way to differentiate themselves and attract customers.
  • A and B decide to do so by respectively saying "buy our product and you get x game made by x studio exclusive to our system"
  • Overtime people realize exclusives on A are far better than on B. Thus, more people decide to buy Competitor A's product.
  • Multiplat developer comes along and releases game for both Competitor A and B. Turns out because of the allure of exclusives, A's product is in twice the homes B's is in.
  • Multiplat's game sells 10 million but A gets the lions share of the sales on their product and whatever % of each sale.

For example, despite Witcher 1 and 2 being Microsoft exclusives and having a Marketing (and Witcher 2 bundle) agreement with MS for Witcher 3; PS4 has near 5 million sales of the game to Xbox One's 1.5 million sale of the same product.

CDPR are surely going to think twice before signing any exclusive deals with MS from now on.

Exclusives isn't the end game but its a huge chunk of the process and it helps differentiate in an attractive manner.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree but I'm talking about this gen. MS basically killed all the goodwill they built with those two consoles during E3 2013 and ths gen.

It doesn't matter if its dumb, it matters that it is. I don't see how that's dumb anyways. It's logical imo.
  • Competitor A and Competitor B have similar products.
  • A and B need to find a way to differentiate themselves and attract customers.
  • A and B decide to do so by respectively saying "buy our product and you get x game made by x studio exclusive to our system"
  • Overtime people realize exclusives on A are far better than on B. Thus, more people decide to buy Competitor A's product.
  • Multiplat developer comes along and releases game for both Competitor A and B. Turns out because of the allure of exclusives, A's product is in twice the homes B's is in.
  • Multiplat's game sells 10 million but A gets the lions share of the sales on their product and whatever % of each sale.

For example, despite Witcher 1 and 2 being Microsoft exclusives and having a Marketing (and bundles) agreement with MS for Witcher 3; PS4 has near 5 million sales of the game to Xbox One's 1.5 million sale of the same product.

CDPR are surely going to think twice before signing any exclusive deals with MS from now on.

Exclusives isn't the end game but its a huge chunk of he process and it helps differentiate in an attractive manner.

The witcher 3 is also the best of the bunch by a long shot to most. The witcher 2 released on the xbox 360 which "arguably won" last gen. So non of that really adds up.

Exclusives were cool when I was a kid, now exclusives aren't the vibe for me.

Outside of straight up 1st party stuff, it's all a lame game. Also exclusives are only a big deal when the demographics hypes it up. (Get a xbox because it has halo, get a ps4 because it has gow, when truthfully you might play one or 2 of those in a 8 year span.

The biggest and most selling games are multiple plat, doesn't matter what system it sold more on, I'd love for it to go back to being on the dev to squeeze the most out of a system and you getting the best version based on that.

Black Nate Grey

Daps
The witcher 3 is also the best of the bunch by a long shot to most. The witcher 2 released on the xbox 360 which "arguably won" last gen. So non of that really adds up.
It does add up. That was my my point. Despite MS already having previous market share for the franchise while Sony had zero, the PS4 sales far outstripped the Xbox One's sales.
Why is that? Go up to the bulleted list. Exclusives matter even if you don't want them to.

Outside of straight up 1st party stuff, it's all a lame game. Also exclusives are only a big deal when the demographics hypes it up. (Get a xbox because it has halo, get a ps4 because it has gow, when truthfully you might play one or 2 of those in a 8 year span.
Ahh, but see you're thinking about it from an Xbox fan perspective. Wherein the only really good exclusive you have is Halo (arguably Gears and Forza). Sony, via its previous goodwill, has the promise of both sequels to previous exclusives (Uncharted, TLOU, etc) along with new IP's (Horizon Zero Dawn, Bloodborne, etc) along with reboots (God of War, Ratchet and Clank) along with remasters (FFVII), all at good quality and all done competently.

So while you as an Xbox gamer might play one or 2 in an 8 year span (which is a tragedy imo), a Sony Gamer is guaranteed at least 5+ minimum. Being nonchalant about it is the wrong move, you should think that you deserve better games in more quantities.
Exclusives matter. Even if you don't want them to.:francis:

The very fact we have competition in the industry necessitates exclusives, how else are gamers going to buy their products. MS's just happen to be lacking.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It does add up. That was my my point. Despite MS already having previous market share for the franchise while Sony had zero, the PS4 sales far outstripped the Xbox One's sales.
Why is that? Go up to the bulleted list. Exclusives matter even if you don't want them to.

Its two different games and systems.

Its really apples and oranges.

Another example of this is mass effect

Ahh, but see you're thinking about it from an Xbox fan perspective. Wherein the only really good exclusive you have is Halo (arguably Gears and Forza). Sony, via its previous goodwill, has the promise of both sequels to previous exclusives (Uncharted, TLOU, etc) along with new IP's (Horizon Zero Dawn, Bloodborne, etc) along with reboots (God of War, Ratchet and Clank) along with remasters (FFVII), all at good quality and all done competently.

So while you as an Xbox gamer might play one or 2 in an 8 year span (which is a tragedy imo), a Sony Gamer is guaranteed at least 5+ minimum. Being nonchalant about it is the wrong move, you should think that you deserve better games in more quantities.
Exclusives matter. Even if you don't want them to.:francis:

The very fact we have competition in the industry necessitates exclusives, how else are gamers going to buy their products. MS's just happen to be lacking.
I'm not a an xbox gamer though, I'm just a gamer. I prefer xb1 system and live over the other consoles but thats about it.

I game more on pc than I do any consoles on two games that are on console.

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps

The biggest and most selling games are multiple plat, doesn't matter what system it sold more on, I'd love for it to go back to being on the dev to squeeze the most out of a system and you getting the best version based on that.
3rd parties don't make as many AAA as they used to and they've stopped doing AA altogether. Its just about the games rather they 3rd or 1st party don't matter. This year it just so happens I'm going to purchase just as many exclusives as multiplats of the games I want on PS4. PS4 has nearly twice as many games as Xbox, this is the real problem. People go where the games are.

Last edited:

Black Nate Grey

Daps
3rd parties don't make as many AAA as they used to and they've stopped doing AA altogether. Its just about the games rather they 3rd or 1st party don't matter. This year it just so happens in going to purchase just as many exclusives as multiplats of the games I want on PS4. PS4 has nearly twice as many games as Xbox, this is the real problem. People go where the games are.
Thank you. Market share. How do you get more of it? You need to find a way to attract people to your system. How is that done in the gaming industry? Exclusives, good ones at that.

Good exclusives + Mutiplats >>>>>>>>> Just Multiplats

That shyt matters.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was a DCEU stan (MoS is still GOAT superhero movie) but once IW trailer dropped and BP came through along with the travesty that was JL, I knew to take the L.

It's pathetic.

If Microsoft doesn't change things their next console is going do even worse. Word of mouth, especially in this ever connected, ever critical social media age, is the most important thing here. Once a brand has a certain feeling attached to it, it's difficult to shake off. Sony have had banger after banger after banger and truthfully their past success and goodwill they've built is slightly skewing reviews and reactions in their favor imo. If for example, MS had made Killzone or Infamous Second Son, it would have probably have had a slightly lower score than it does on the PS4. What I'm trying to say is perception matters and going too long without changing things is going to make the situation worse.

Remember how despite the PS4's launch, Sony kept releasing great games for the PS3? I guarantee the same thing happens during the transition from PS4 to PS5. MS will likely abandon Xbox One X early.

Dude hosts the biggest Xbox focused podcast on the net and even he's tired of this shyt. The tweet is slightly inaccurate because Sony have been killing the SP exclusive game since the PS1.

Enough of this games as a service bullshyt, make good games first.

Also Xbots, just take the L. You've lost this gen all the back in 2013. :hhh:

Man of Steel was a GOAT superhero movie to you? :picard:

It was like the worst rendition of Superman I've ever seen. The prologue on Krypton was the best part of the movie and it felt like an entirely different movie.

Black Nate Grey

Daps
Man of Steel was a GOAT superhero movie to you? :picard:

It was like the worst rendition of Superman I've ever seen. The prologue on Krypton was the best part of the movie and it felt like an entirely different movie.
I've defended this movie to the death. Mostly in these comments here:
Man of Steel is the most underrated superhero movie of all time.

Be warned long ass read ahead.

I can see why people don't like this rendition as he is nothing like classic/regular Superman but I like the realistic take on him. Easier to empathize with a demi-god who makes human mistakes than a demi-god who is the embodiment of good.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
I've defended this movie to the death. Mostly in these comments here:

Be warned long ass read ahead.

I can see why people don't like this rendition as he is nothing like classic/regular Superman but I like the realistic take on him. Easier to empathize with a demi-god who makes human mistakes than a demi-god who is the embodiment of good.
He could have saved Jonathan Kent. Without superpowers. Everything after that I couldn't take seriously.