Sony Unhappy With Death Stranding Sales, Game Was Supposed to Be 'Darker and Scarier'

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It's not that serious lol. You just don't believe anything.

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/rum...11th-2014-with-halo-5-beta-halo5-2015.186219/

That whole "insider" leaked everything and everything was real.
That’s the one “insider” over the last decade or so that was 100% right.

And his behavior was way different than any other “insider” I’ve known of.

He said that shyt and rolled out. Didn’t stick around for clout, or attention, props, none of that. Dropped facts and left.

It’s not that I don’t believe anything. I just play the numbers game.

I know for a fact 9.5 out of 10 “insiders” are full of shyt. So I chose not to use any energy trying to decipher who that 5 percent of real insiders are.

Might as well say fukk em all :manny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Okay.

I guarantee we're gonna hear bad stories about this game's development in the future like we heard about a lot of recent Kojima games. It wouldn't shock me if the rumors about him spending a lot of budget on celebrity roles is true. And with that, it wouldn't surprise me if he does that as a way to get his foot into the door too.

I think there's also a reason Sony suddenly heavily cut back from advertising the game, especially when the long demo of actual gameplay came out. Kojima didn't get the tv trailers or recent trailers before movies or advertisements on the side of buildings anymore.

I doubt we will actually get any public information on the subject, but this is what I’m talking about.

Anyone paying attention can see the game underperformed from both a critical and commercial standpoint.

We don’t need an insider to tell us that.

And this is what “insiders” do. They take well known information, might ask a couple questions around the industry, then draw their own conclusions/opinions and pass them off as facts.

From that standpoint, we are all “insiders” if we are paying attention.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Okay.

I guarantee we're gonna hear bad stories about this game's development in the future like we heard about a lot of recent Kojima games. It wouldn't shock me if the rumors about him spending a lot of budget on celebrity roles is true. And with that, it wouldn't surprise me if he does that as a way to get his foot into the door too.

I think there's also a reason Sony suddenly heavily cut back from advertising the game, especially when the long demo of actual gameplay came out. Kojima didn't get the tv trailers or recent trailers before movies or advertisements on the side of buildings anymore.

I wouldn't be surprised if he blew a shytload of those celebrity roles

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
Sony played the long game with him, they let him do his pet projects and he’ll owe them when it comes time
Listen, Hideo bows to no company.

Which is why he's on the chopping block. ain't no company gonna greenlight anymore of his multi-million dollar development that fukking takes half a decade to compete while spending 70% of it on Hollywood actors and traveling.

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The thought of playing this game made me sleepy. I remember pulling it up on Twitch a few times and asking a streamer breh I rock with like, "What's fun about this?"

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
:skip:

Regardless, it's the quality of the game that matters, not the sales, and the quality is piff.

I bet Sony executives can't wait to spend all that "quality" this game created :mjlol:

Sony executives calling up an exclusive island service like "yeah we would like to buy island number 35. Yes. And we will be paying in quality. Yes Kojima quality"

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I bet Sony executives can't wait to spend all that "quality" this game created :mjlol:

Sony executives calling up an exclusive island service like "yeah we would like to buy island number 35. Yes. And we will be paying in quality. Yes Kojima quality"
I'm not talking from Sony's perspective, I'm talking from my perspective as a gamer.

People here pocket watching Sony like they get their money from them. :skip:

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
Amazon delivery simulator didnt move units who'd have guessed it? Story was pretty decent though I'll admit just the gameplay left a lot to be desired.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Wait..
:skip:

Brehs played this!
:gladbron:

AFTER seeing that E3 demo!??
:dwillhuh:
i was intrigued

it wasnt "bad" per se, it was just "real to a fault".

they couldve had a futuristic way of storing all the items, and then focus more on fighting BT's and terrorists as we deliver.

but they made it so that carrying objects was an obstacle in and of itself

and u can randomly stumble and fall when moving on foot

the motorcylce travel was clunky as hell. as well

the story was very intriguing and the twist at the end was cool. but other than that, there was no reason to come back to the game after i finished it. Not at all worth $60, barely even worth it at a discounted price.

fukk i care if "lou" is a girl or not :dahell:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another trash Sony exclusive. I kinda feel bad for the diehard Sony Stans at this point. :mjlol:

lol at this nonsense, they literally had 2 misses with Death Stranding and Days Gone over a whole gen, and they weren’t exactly disasters, just not critically on the level as the rest.

Last edited:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
lol I loved that shyt! I wished it was longer but I understand limitations. I probably won’t rush to ply through it again unless they added some nice DLC or something. It was a dope experience though. The only games I regret buying this and last year were the division 2 and ghost recon: breakpoint.
I nees to play it

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ohhh:it's almost like PT getting developed into Silent Hills would've been EXACTLY what they were looking for

With his ability to make movies out of games, a Twin Peaks/ Silent Hill mashup would be fire :jbhmm: