Sony Unhappy With Death Stranding Sales, Game Was Supposed to Be 'Darker and Scarier'

Superstar
Daps
Wait..
:skip:

Brehs played this!
:gladbron:

AFTER seeing that E3 demo!??
:dwillhuh:

lol I loved that shyt! I wished it was longer but I understand limitations. I probably won’t rush to play through it again unless they added some nice DLC or something. It was a dope experience though. The only games I regret buying this and last year were the division 2 and ghost recon: breakpoint.

Last edited:

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
Game was not trash nor was it incredible.

The gameplay was the main letdown for me as it was vague and uninspiring but the story did have great depth and meaning as always with a Kojima game. Unfortunately I found it a little too convoluted to keep up with at times and it feels like you're working towards nothing just delivering all those packages. But in the midst of that you do get lost in the scenery, beautiful soundtrack and navigating the landscape although sometimes it's frustratingly realistic.

At the end of the day, I can see why people would label this game a miss, the story ultimately doesn't make up for the lackluster gameplay but I feel his next effort will be a major improvement, especially if he's allowed to take over Silent Hills or MGS

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Game was fukking dope to me. Yes, it takes maybe a bit too long to really start going but once you get more tools the game really comes together.

The storyline build with the individual character stories of the Death Stranding also really picks up around the same time. shyt goes full MGS2 in the end with the convolution but be damned if Kojima doesn't keep your attention with the future-smart fukkery.

Some elements needed to be smoother but this game (and as MGS5 did before it) really show Kojima knows how to use online connection to enrich a singleplayer experience.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
maybe konami was right

They 100% were once the story got told from other perspectives and it shows now.

Gameplay is trash, story line and plot is dope.

To cut their losses I think they would make a Netflix adaptation

Weird, I have mainly only heard the opposite. You're one of the first I've seen to actually praise the story - for the caliber of cast, that shyt hasn't been dissected or talked about at all really. I, surprisingly, see most people praising the actual gameplay and travel mechanics.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
They 100% were once the story got told from other perspectives and it shows now.

Weird, I have mainly only heard the opposite. You're one of the first I've seen to actually praise the story - for the caliber of cast, that shyt hasn't been dissected or talked about at all really. I, surprisingly, see most people praising the actual gameplay and travel mechanics.
I knew from day one looking at the gameplay I was not going to like it but I was still intrigued by the story that I just watched a let’s play version on YouTube instead. With a big enough budget bringing this into a cinematic showcase this would win multiple awards

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Obviously death standing didn’t perform as well as Sony/Kojima hoped.

But all of this, the Konami rumors and the “fallout” from this failed game is just “insider” talk.

shyts not really real at all. I keep telling y’all quit listening to these insiders, but, here were are :martin:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Obviously death standing didn’t perform as well as Sony/Kojima hoped.

But all of this, the Konami rumors and the “fallout” from this failed game is just “insider” talk.

shyts not really real at all. I keep telling y’all quit listening to these insiders, but, here were are :martin:
It's not that serious lol. You just don't believe anything.

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/rum...11th-2014-with-halo-5-beta-halo5-2015.186219/

That whole "insider" leaked everything and everything was real.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
I knew from day one looking at the gameplay I was not going to like it but I was still intrigued by the story that I just watched a let’s play version on YouTube instead. With a big enough budget bringing this into a cinematic showcase this would win multiple awards

I feel you but I truly doubt it. I think Kojima would get laughed the fukk outta theaters if he made movies. he's not david lynch. some of his best writing came when he had a close person by him. Kojima without Tomokazu Fukushima is worst than Tarantino without Sally Menke.

I don't care how smart you are. you need people to cut around your bullshyt sometimes. regardless of how great your grand idea is, it benefits everyone to have somebody cut that manic bullshyt down to something digestible.

If we're looking at where the other cowriters left and the subsequent quality, you might think Kojima is a lowkey hack that slowly keeps exposing himself.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati

shyts not really real at all.

Okay.

I guarantee we're gonna hear bad stories about this game's development in the future like we heard about a lot of recent Kojima games. It wouldn't shock me if the rumors about him spending a lot of budget on celebrity roles is true. And with that, it wouldn't surprise me if he does that as a way to get his foot into the door too.

I think there's also a reason Sony suddenly heavily cut back from advertising the game, especially when the long demo of actual gameplay came out. Kojima didn't get the tv trailers or recent trailers before movies or advertisements on the side of buildings anymore.