Sony to skip E3 for a second time in 2020, claims new report

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All this because of leaks? Leaks that they were going to show at E3 anyway?

If that was really the issue then do what Nintendo does.

Shout out to phil

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Goofies really tryna spin fake news about E3 being "dead" or irrelevant?? :mjtf:

EOOLUvxVUAAfLjd.png:large

shyt had 66,000+ attendees last year; go stand in literally any fukkin line at E3 this year and tell me with a straight face when you come back 3+ hours later exactly how that shyt was "dead":mjlol:
LOL! Did now see this. LMAO! Microsoft better take advantage of this.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
All this because of leaks? Leaks that they were going to show at E3 anyway?

If that was really the issue then do what Nintendo does.

Shout out to phil

Not just leaks of games but leaks of over 2,000 journalist and guest's information on E3's site. Including phone numbers, addresses, real names etc.

Last edited:

Snoopy Loops

All Star
Daps
Goofies really tryna spin fake news about E3 being "dead" or irrelevant?? :mjtf:

EOOLUvxVUAAfLjd.png:large

shyt had 66,000+ attendees last year; go stand in literally any fukkin line at E3 this year and tell me with a straight face when you come back 3+ hours later exactly how that shyt was "dead":mjlol:

Went last year for the first time, so cant compare to previous years, but shyt was bumpin.

I mean they had Keanu Reeves and all them actors. There was Snoopy Dogg private party for E3 cats. I doubt its gonna die a quick death, if at all.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Some of y'all are offended like your money is funding E3...:picard:

Sony is in a position to directly target their existing base to ensure it follows them to the next platform, skipping E3 to tailor experience is just good business. But people enjoy other consoles and other developers, its conference experience and no matter how lackluster it may or may not be attendance should still be steady if nothing else.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Wonder what he heard about that made him bounce after all these years? Especially since he was behind the awkwardness of the early Game Awards:jbhmm:

Last edited:

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
Keep it real. E3 has been around for a min, but only in the last decade was it able to bring into our homes.

Mid 90s we didn't have the tech to stream it nor were their tv shows that showcased games. Granted you have Gaming Magazines and them sony disc but in my opinion E3 shouldn't be discarded like this.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
E3 aint going nowhere. There's nothing wrong with an event to show Indie titles because they barely get press as it is.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Keep it real. E3 has been around for a min, but only in the last decade was it able to bring into our homes.

Mid 90s we didn't have the tech to stream it nor were their tv shows that showcased games. Granted you have Gaming Magazines and them sony disc but in my opinion E3 shouldn't be discarded like this.
tradeshows like E3 used to be for companies to show their products to retailers. it's kind of an outdated concept now, especially since there's really only a handful of retailers left (Target, Walmart, Amazon, Best Buy... I guess Gamestop is still here)