Sony Shatters Industry Revenue Record For 6th Straight Quarter, 13.4M Sold

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
The only thing with that is that there are so many updates now. So if all the music is on the disk, what's stopping the devs from restricting the use of those files? Even though you have the physical copy you still don't have the complete version of that game.

you don’t have the most up to date version of the game but you can still play what ever version is on the disk if you not on the internet.

digital foundry did this for a few games back when the new consoles came out because they wanted to play them with the frame rate unlocked (and the latest patches capped the frame rate) to test the new consoles.

Last edited:

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The only thing with that is that there are so many updates now. So if all the music is on the disk, what's stopping the devs from restricting the use of those files? Even though you have the physical copy you still don't have the complete version of that game.
With you don't have to update anything if you don't want too. Single player games that is...

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I got the digital PS5 totally by accident. The only thing I miss is that I can't play my physical PS4 games on it, but I don't miss physical copies, and even if I had the physical PS5, I think all of my new purchases would be digital.

I have a physical and i doubt i will ever put a disc in there. It’s like having a tape deck in your car

Just a waste of 100 dollars

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The only downside is when devs don't want to renew music licenses or remove the game for x amount of reason and you're assed out. I hope it reminds an option still.
Once you own the game you should still be able to redownload it indefinitely. Even if it’s removed from the store. At least that’s how it works on Xbox.