Sony Shatters Industry Revenue Record For 6th Straight Quarter, 13.4M Sold

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I make fun of gamepass because it's fun. But it is a good deal, but with a subscription service how do you make more money? Amazon can with Prime because people are still buying stuff. But with something like Gamepass, or even Netflix, you're going to plateau eventually.

Netflix is a sheer numbers game, they have over 200 million subscribers and they just now started to make profit off it - about 2 years ago-.

The ceiling for gaming will never be that high, and probably doesn’t have to be as long as they push in-game transactions and long term service models. They will also have to eventually raise the price by a lot sooner rathe than later.

Nintendo is charging 50 dollars a year for N64 games, its only a matter of time before gamepass is at 20 a month

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I also thought this was interesting. You would expect with covid restriction lifting and things going back to normal somewhat that physical sales would increase. Digital sales actually increased by 3%. The pandemic really set the digital future into motion.

I really dont think whatever gen after this will come with disc drives.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
I also thought this was interesting. You would expect with covid restriction lifting and things going back to normal somewhat that physical sales would increase. Digital sales actually increased by 3%. The pandemic really set the digital future into motion.

The pandemic pushed us gamers to digital. In a way this pandemic was the best thing to happen to these console manufacturers.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange

I got the digital PS5 totally by accident. The only thing I miss is that I can't play my physical PS4 games on it, but I don't miss physical copies, and even if I had the physical PS5, I think all of my new purchases would be digital.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I got the digital PS5 totally by accident. The only thing I miss is that I can't play my physical PS4 games on it, but I don't miss physical copies, and even if I had the physical PS5, I think all of my new purchases would be digital.
The only downside is when devs don't want to renew music licenses or remove the game for x amount of reason and you're assed out. I hope it reminds an option still.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
The only downside is when devs don't want to renew music licenses or remove the game for x amount of reason and you're assed out. I hope it reminds an option still.

The only thing with that is that there are so many updates now. So if all the music is on the disk, what's stopping the devs from restricting the use of those files? Even though you have the physical copy you still don't have the complete version of that game.