blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also the show is multiplatform because mlb said it had to be, no other reason than that

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This was 2019...

And we still haven't gotten a release on day and date of any Sony 1st party title on PC and playstation.

Let alone cross play.

It's not what they are interested in doing right now, and I don't see that changing anytime soon nor for fighting games
They further reinforced that in their last investor meeting. The fruits of that change was with The Show. You guys can spin that as a "they had no choice" situation, but things don't really work that way. They still developed the title. They still supported cross play/progression with the title.

All PS4 Crossplay Games In June 2021 - A Complete List - PlayStation Universe

All PS5 and PS4 Crossplay Games

Yeah give up free money just to have someone else release it on all systems anyway.
It wouldn't be giving up free money. It likely takes more money to develop and maintain for more than one platform.

I still don't think this is going to happen, but if it does, it would be in line with their esports/tournament push. Adding more exclusive fighters would fit.

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They further reinforced that in their last investor meeting. The fruits of that change was with The Show. You guys can spin that as a "they had no choice" situation, but things don't really work that way. They still developed the title. They still supported cross play/progression with the title.

All PS4 Crossplay Games In June 2021 - A Complete List - PlayStation Universe

All PS5 and PS4 Crossplay Games
90 percent of those titles that are listed as cross play are cross play between PS4 and PS5 not everything that box.

There are a ton of articles on MLB and why it's multiplatform.
Here's one just one
‘MLB The Show 21’ releasing on Xbox wasn’t Sony’s decision

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
90 percent of those titles that are listed as cross play are cross play between PS4 and PS5 not everything that box.

There are a ton of articles on MLB and why it's multiplatform.
Here's one just one
‘MLB The Show 21’ releasing on Xbox wasn’t Sony’s decision
The bold isn't true. Of the titles listed, the ones that are cross play between PS4 and PS5 do not support cross play between Xbox and PC. They still support PC/PS4 and 5 cross play where that applies, which is what we are talking about. I don't need to read any more articles, I know MLB wanted more customers. If you want to license our IP, you have to put it on multiple platforms. Sony wouldn't have renewed the license if the terms were bad or if they were not more open these days to releasing elsewhere. That all bodes well for a potential ASW fighting game on PC/PS5.

They probably want to corner the market on fighting games and further strengthen their e-sports/tournament presence. It's like how MS has cornered the market on WRPGs.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The bold isn't true. Of the titles listed, the ones that are cross play between PS4 and PS5 do not support cross play between Xbox and PC. They still support PC/PS4 and 5 cross play where that applies, which is what we are talking about. I don't need to read any more articles, I know MLB wanted more customers. If you want to license our IP, you have to put it on multiple platforms. Sony wouldn't have renewed the license if the terms were bad or if they were not more open these days to releasing elsewhere. That all bodes well for a potential ASW fighting game on PC/PS5.

They probably want to corner the market on fighting games and further strengthen their e-sports/tournament presence. It's like how MS has cornered the market on WRPGs.

Yeah, they will allow their multiplayer games and fighting games to launch on PC with cross play because its vital for the player base for those games to do well. They also want to fully support their EVO acquisition so they will continue to launch their fighting games to as many people as possible.

Single player games don’t really need to launch day 1 with PC because their number 1 objective is to sell consoles

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
whatever yall say.

As someone who's actually invested in crossplay and fighting games it would suck.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I don't think this will happen. Arcsys is starting to build their own monopoly. They don't really need Sony. Sony doesn't need them either.

Arcsys will eventually branch out to something other than fighters and when they do they'll be set as an independent. They already have started publishing other company's stuff

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I don't think this will happen. Arcsys is starting to build their own monopoly. They don't really need Sony. Sony doesn't need them either.

Arcsys will eventually branch out to something other than fighters and when they do they'll be set as an independent. They already have started publishing other company's stuff

Sony has never had an acquisition or partnership or anything within the realm of M&A leak before, so anytime someone claims sony is buying someone should be taken with a grain of salt.