Sony Rumored to be in talks to purchase Arc System Works

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
eh I don't know are they going to make the future games exclusive to PlayStation
Imagine storm or fighters being PlayStation only

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
eh I don't know are they going to make the future games exclusive to PlayStation
Imagine storm or fighters being PlayStation only

I imagine it will be on PC as well since there is an FGC community there. Even on with Sony doing EVO I think the version of Tekken 7 they are using is the PC version. I’m pretty sure the steam version of Guilty Gear Strive has more sales on steam than Playstation. So Sony buying arc system would be a really good buy for them.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I imagine it will be on PC as well since there is an FGC community there. Even on with Sony doing EVO I think the version of Tekken 7 they are using is the PC version. I’m pretty sure the steam version of Guilty Gear Strive has more sales on steam than Playstation. So Sony buying arc system would be a really good buy for them.

Yep, most likely fighters would come to PlayStation and PC, which is mostly how it already is anyway

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm about to walk out the house, but the 1st thing is right now anyone from any publisher can get with arc's to have the work on fighting game IP.

That all goes out the window if arc's is purchased by any major publisher (altho arc does dev and pub games) purchases them.

That's not counting the future of arc's games under playstation not getting PC ports at all, which is usually the most optimal way to play fighters.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How many 1st party sony games drop on PC and console at launch?

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm about to walk out the house, but the 1st thing is right now anyone from any publisher can get with arc's to have the work on fighting game IP.

That all goes out the window if arc's is purchased by any major publisher (altho arc does dev and pub games) purchases them.

That's not counting the future of arc's games under playstation not getting PC ports at all, which is usually the most optimal way to play fighters.
That's reasonable.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Fighting games and multiplayer games are a different beast.
?

We don't have history nor statements to make the assumption that they will all of a sudden release fighting and multiplayer games on PC and console especially not at release.

We can't even get cross play still....

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
?

We don't have history nor statements to make the assumption that they will all of a sudden release fighting and multiplayer games on PC and console especially not at release.

We can't even get cross play still....
Sony first-party multiplayer games may end up on platforms other than PlayStation - VG247

Sony's own 1st party title - The Show - supports multiple platforms and has cross-play/progression. More titles are releasing with cross-play support than without it as well.

I still don't think this is going to happen.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony first-party multiplayer games may end up on platforms other than PlayStation - VG247

Sony's own 1st party title - The Show - supports multiple platforms and has cross-play/progression. More titles are releasing with cross-play support than without it as well.

I still don't think this is going to happen.

This was 2019...

And we still haven't gotten a release on day and date of any Sony 1st party title on PC and playstation.

Let alone cross play.

It's not what they are interested in doing right now, and I don't see that changing anytime soon nor for fighting games