Sony plunged $10 billion after its PS5 sales cut. But a bigger issue is its near decade low games margin

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Sony Stan's were on my case about exclusive triple A 1st party games being so key to winning the console war narrative.

I'ma go ahead say it again and for the foreseeable future.

Looks like I was right again. :wow:

Unless you are Nintendo 1st party games ain't were the money is at, selling hardware ain't were the money is at. And making all the quarter billion triple A games at a time when gaming (really everything) is the most expensive its ever been is slow poison.
You were only right because the company you favor was the canary in the coal mine for these problems though. Their business struggled first.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dunno if mods just want more reporting or something, but this surge of thread pollution from both camps needs to be nipped.
A handful of threads in a weeks time and y'all flip out.

Unless it's about Xbox then it's business as usual.

Each of his threads has been on different topics. I'm not seeing the problem.
:jbhmm:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You were only right because the company you favor was the canary in the coal mine for these problems though. Their business struggled first.
I mean you aren't wrong, the ecosystem I favor should have died a long time ago in the environment that it's been in.

But the writings been on the wall for how Sony in general handles it business for decades now.

Regardless of who I like PlayStation was on a real self destructive path when gaming started to mirror summer block buster movies of the late 90s and 2000s and they started to shutdown and reduce everything else that wasn't that.

Half A $

Pro
Daps
Meanwhile Nintendo is the richest company in Japan
Wow you really are stupid.

You the type of person who thinks someone with no debt and 10k in their bank is richer than a guy paying off 5 houses at the same time comfortably.

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
While $10 billion to Microsoft not even chump change :mjlol:

Sony getting ready to release all their games day 1 on PC (running on windows :umad:)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That's how you choose to spin it? They stepped away from the cosole war? Some of those games underperformed because they don't have the audience to support them or they reached the limit of their initial success so they're being ported to platforms with a much higher audience count to see if they can make more.
Same reason Sony is now putting games on PC and xbox too :ohhh:
This wasn't a choice they made back in the Xbox 360 days when they were far more successful. It's not a coincidence that their console sales are the worst they've been in the last several generations and now this happens.
Again console warrior narratives.

The xbox business has never been healthier or more successful than right now.

What they did bad was lose the console war. As a business they evolved and positioned themselves very favorably.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Cause they had the foresight to get off the train before it crashed.

Y’all see the results of sony fighting the console war to win. Tanked their profits and are now scrambling to find sustainability.

But yall would want microsoft to do the same thing. Lock all their games down to one piece of hardware and Only make huge budget AAA single player games. Just so they’d end up in the same position as sony :stopitslime:

Phil spencer told yall a long time ago xbox would be stepping off the console wars hamster wheel and yall called him crazy. In a way this is xbox pivot away to do their own thing just like nintendo did. Sony dominates that market and its halted growth over even shrunk over the years. Makes zero sense for any company to fight with sony over those users when there are billions of gamers out their that can be reached elsewhere.

Nintendo “lost” the console war and found their lane. Microsoft “lost” the console war and found their lane. Sony “won” the console war and found “winning” at the behest of everything else has left them stranded at the top of the mountain needing answers.