Sony might have secured exclusivity with Castlevania , Metal Gear and Silent Hill.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
if we're being honest, GoW been a 3D metroidvania since 2018 and GoW:R was even more of one :yeshrug:
They got the physics for a whip with the Blades of Chaos already done. Add 50% to Kratos' movement speed, pull some of the weight and heft out of his character model moving through the world and add some additional verticality, building off the Blades grapple from GOW:R and...

they lowkey halfway there already.

Use those tricks to keep the game from having defined loading screens, and OD on the gothic vibe for the castle and...

k I'm sold. Give the IP to Santa Monica. Not because I think they'd necessarily do it the best, but... I want to see it the most :obama:

(Insomniac would crush a updated Castlevania something major, but they got too much work to do as is)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
if we're being honest, GoW been a 3D metroidvania since 2018 and GoW:R was even more of one :yeshrug:
They got the physics for a whip with the Blades of Chaos already done. Add 50% to Kratos' movement speed, pull some of the weight and heft out of his character model moving through the world and add some additional verticality, building off the Blades grapple from GOW:R and...

they lowkey halfway there already.

Use those tricks to keep the game from having defined loading screens, and OD on the gothic vibe for the castle and...

k I'm sold. Give the IP to Santa Monica. Not because I think they'd necessarily do it the best, but... I want to see it the most :obama:

(Insomniac would crush a updated Castlevania something major, but they got too much work to do as is)

Pull back the camera, give it some good platforming, and make the whip hard hitting.

Since it would mostly be in one big castle they cna just hide the loading screens behind doors

castlevania-morningstar-whip.gif

Last edited: