Sony isn't scared of the activision deal, they are terrified of Gamepass!!!

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
You don't play the games. You have every system, you get what you want, and most importantly you play what you want. What's the last game you played on Gamepass that's outside of your norm. I'll wait :popcorn3:

In the meantime, for the gamers that do. Gamepass is packed with everything you said it don't have and then some. It has over 500 games, every genre, every developer. You always been picky, and I could run the list of developers that have their entire catalog in there from Bethesda/Zenimax, Activision,?Sega Ubisoft,ea/etc but nothing? Cool story bro :smoker:
I've seen your gamer tag. You actually play all those gamepass games.

But winb83 is right. There are no must play exclusives. Time will tell if this gamepass will delivery at this point.

So far it hasn't been successful for Microsoft. But at least you get value from it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You don't play the games. You have every system, you get what you want, and most importantly you play what you want. What's the last game you played on Gamepass that's outside of your norm. I'll wait :popcorn3:

In the meantime, for the gamers that do. Gamepass is packed with everything you said it don't have and then some. It has over 500 games, every genre, every developer. You always been picky, and I could run the list of developers that have their entire catalog in there from Bethesda/Zenimax, Activision,?Sega Ubisoft,ea/etc but nothing? Cool story bro :smoker:
All I see is you ducking the question I asked. What was the last critically acclaimed GOTY level game Game Pass got and what was the one before that one? You can’t even say Halo Infinite because the multi on that was free to play for anybody.

It was probably a racing game. You can say I play games or I don’t. Still doesn’t change the fact that Game Pass peaked a while ago and Microsoft went over 2 years without updating the subscriber count because they weren’t adding enough subs to make a statement. The CEO of the company got sub growth removed from his bonus metrics because they couldn’t hit targets. Now they’re putting their content that was never intended to be on platforms like PlayStation and Switch.

It was a promising service but it came from a company that couldn’t do more than make it into a value play. Netflix isn’t a value play it’s people’s primary source on entertainment in a lot of homes. If Game Pass is your primary source of gaming you’re missing out on pretty much all the noteworthy games that year and all the GOTY candidates. You’re mostly playing smaller indie games and older titles.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
All I see is you ducking the question I asked. What was the last critically acclaimed GOTY level game Game Pass got and what was the one before that one? You can’t even say Halo Infinite because the multi on that was free to play for anybody.

It was probably a racing game. You can say I play games or I don’t. Still doesn’t change the fact that Game Pass peaked a while ago and Microsoft went over 2 years without updating the subscriber count because they weren’t adding enough subs to make a statement. The CEO of the company got sub growth removed from his bonus metrics because they couldn’t hit targets. Now they’re putting their content that was never intended to be on platforms like PlayStation and Switch.

It was a promising service but it came from a company that couldn’t do more than make it into a value play. Netflix isn’t a value play it’s people’s primary source on entertainment in a lot of homes. If Game Pass is your primary source of gaming you’re missing out on pretty much all the noteworthy games that year and all the GOTY candidates. You’re mostly playing smaller indie games and older titles.
Game of the year candidates are opinions, so your question cannot be answered unless you're specifically talking about game of the year candidates and/or winners. If that's your measurement then I'd say the majority of them either are or were in Gamepass. If you ask my son he'd tell you Pikuniku but that's a game for the trillest of gamers. If you want more mainstream then Starfield I hear is a big deal. Remember when Sony stans was like "Oh that shyt coming to PS5 :banderas:"
But some people here will say that game isn't good enough. And those same people can spend $40 to play sea of thieves :whistle:

Anyways, Octopath Traveler 1&2 shadow dropped in Gamepass not too long ago. Harold Halibut and Another crabs treasure is next on my to do list

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Game of the year candidates are opinions, so your question cannot be answered unless you're specifically talking about game of the year candidates and/or winners. If that's your measurement then I'd say the majority of them either are or were in Gamepass. If you ask my son he'd tell you Pikuniku but that's a game for the trillest of gamers. If you want more mainstream then Starfield I hear is a big deal. Remember when Sony stans was like "Oh that shyt coming to PS5 :banderas:"
But some people here will say that game isn't good enough. And those same people can spend $40 to play sea of thieves :whistle:

Anyways, Octopath Traveler 1&2 shadow dropped in Gamepass not too long ago. Harold Halibut and Another crabs treasure is next on my to do list
GOTY candidates may be opinions but consensus opinions exist. I'll put it like this: a lot of Xbox fans even ones on this site also own a PlayStation console. A lot of PlayStation fans don't own an Xbox. At the heart of that is the reason hardware sales are in a free fall, Microsoft is now putting console exclusive games on rival platforms, and Game Pass subscriber growth stalled out years ago.

They started Xbox Game Pass in 2017. They've pretty much never had a console exclusive consensus GOTY level mainstream game come to that service day 1 outside of a Forza game. That pipeline of games isn't gonna cut it for mainstream success. As we can all see it's carried them as far as it can.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I'm failing to see how Microsoft putting their games on other platforms(in particular Sony's platform) is a bad thing from a business standpoint? From a business standpoint that's actually a good thing...

I hate talking about the business side of gaming, because game fans don't really live in the reality of how business should be conducted.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
GOTY candidates may be opinions but consensus opinions exist. I'll put it like this: a lot of Xbox fans even ones on this site also own a PlayStation console. A lot of PlayStation fans don't own an Xbox. At the heart of that is the reason hardware sales are in a free fall, Microsoft is now putting console exclusive games on rival platforms, and Game Pass subscriber growth stalled out years ago.
You live your truth WinB, but my truth?
My truth usually comes with receipts (2 months ago)

I wonder if they have future titles that will continue to push the service? Maybe they can buy Bungie or some company that can make a good shooter. Idk, tbc :hhh:
They started Xbox Game Pass in 2017. They've pretty much never had a console exclusive consensus GOTY level mainstream game come to that service day 1 outside of a Forza game. That pipeline of games isn't gonna cut it for mainstream success. As we can all see it's carried them as far as it can.
Well sir, I gave you an answer and you deflected as if I didn't name a title so as I was saying it's a matter of opinion since you won't even recognize it :mjlol:
:hula:

As for the actual award of GOTY, Starfield wasn't included because it was released at the end of the year. Lots of games don't get consideration for that reason. A Zelda game comes to mind...

Finally, when it comes to mainstream. I challenge you to look up the most popular games on PlayStation. They are mostly multiplatform games. Microsoft has more games in Sonys top 20 than Sony
So as you can see by these receipts sir, you are being swayed by fanboy feelings instead of paying attention to reality.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You live your truth WinB, but my truth?
My truth usually comes with receipts (2 months ago)

I wonder if they have future titles that will continue to push the service? Maybe they can buy Bungie or some company that can make a good shooter. Idk, tbc :hhh:

Well sir, I gave you an answer and you deflected as if I didn't name a title so as I was saying it's a matter of opinion since you won't even recognize it :mjlol:
:hula:

As for the actual award of GOTY, Starfield wasn't included because it was released at the end of the year. Lots of games don't get consideration for that reason. A Zelda game comes to mind...

Finally, when it comes to mainstream. I challenge you to look up the most popular games on PlayStation. They are mostly multiplatform games. Microsoft has more games in Sonys top 20 than Sony
So as you can see by these receipts sir, you are being swayed by fanboy feelings instead of paying attention to reality.

Starfield isn't even an upper 80s level game. You really trying to act like that's a GOTY level game? Year after year Sony regularly releases platform exclusive games or at minimum a game that's mainstream and in the discussion for GOTY.
r11g11esr40a1.png

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Starfield isn't even an upper 80s level game. You really trying to act like that's a GOTY level game? Year after year Sony regularly releases platform exclusive games or at minimum a game that's mainstream and in the discussion for GOTY.
r11g11esr40a1.png
What you're speaking on is make believe.
You're speaking on fanboy polls which don't mirror reality. All the best selling games get the most hate, think about it... Madden, 2k, COD, grounded and SOT :smoker: all get hate everywhere except In the top 20 :wow: