Sony isn't scared of the activision deal, they are terrified of Gamepass!!!

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
The idea that a competent publisher/ hardware maker could make something like Game Pass was more frightening than the reality of Microsoft doing it.

Game Pass never really became more than a service for value seekers mostly filled with indie titles, old games, and third party failures. Never really got much in the way of must play hits and popular games.
What you just said is astronomically incorrect :stop: Gamepass is a hit and is universally recognized as such. And what you're saying is more of a reality for you as a gamer than it is for business. BUSINESS, Xbox business, is booming :ufdup:
I feel like as Microsoft goes deeper into third party publishing Game Pass makes less and less since for them.
So then you don't understand what Gamepass is :leon:
I've always preached going on twenty years how Xbox wants to duplicate what Sega did with Comcast (The Sega Channel) back in the Genesis mega drive era which was provide a gaming service

That reality evolved with the times and Gamepass is the conclusion. Gamepass even overtakes Xbox live. The internet itself makes the need for physical consoles obsolete as the speeds continue to get faster. We're already fast enough today. I use my Xbox One X far more than my series X because I game mostly on a 32in in the bedroom while the series x chills with the oled. The one x streams series x games without hiccups and I been doing this all gen. I don't have gig speed internet either so I say that to say as they get more and more third party publishers they will only grow in popularity. Black ops 6 isn't 3rd party but does that matter? HELL NO, so point courtdog there :manny:
Go wash your ass old fool
Do you often have interest in men's a$$holes or is this your first openly gay post? You must be Reginald Vel Johnson for real :whoa:
This is not going to end well...:sas2:

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
What you just said is astronomically incorrect :stop: Gamepass is a hit and is universally recognized as such. And what you're saying is more of a reality for you as a gamer than it is for business. BUSINESS, Xbox business, is booming :ufdup:

I've always preached going on twenty years how Xbox wants to duplicate what Sega did with Comcast (The Sega Channel) back in the Genesis mega drive era which was provide a gaming service

That reality evolved with the times and Gamepass is the conclusion. Gamepass even overtakes Xbox live. The internet itself makes the need for physical consoles obsolete as the speeds continue to get faster. We're already fast enough today. I use my Xbox One X far more than my series X because I game mostly on a 32in in the bedroom while the series x chills with the oled. The one x streams series x games without hiccups and I been doing this all gen. I don't have gig speed internet either so I say that to say as they get more and more third party publishers they will only grow in popularity. Black ops 6 isn't 3rd party but does that matter? HELL NO, so point courtdog there :manny:

Do you often have interest in men's a$$holes or is this your first openly gay post? You must be Reginald Vel Johnson for real :whoa:

:comeon:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Where is Game Pass Tears of the Kingdom level game? Baldur's Gate III level game? Elden Ring level game? It doesn't exist and never has for the duration of the service. They don't have that GOTY level everybody must play game that's an event. Some of the most hyped games on the service come out and barely crack 80 review scores. If people have to buy all the best games anyway why are most of them gonna sub to that service for what amounts to an annual racing game and some leftovers?

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Where is Game Pass Tears of the Kingdom level game? Baldur's Gate III level game? Elden Ring level game? It doesn't exist and never has for the duration of the service. They don't have that GOTY level everybody must play game that's an event. Some of the most hyped games on the service come out and barely crack 80 review scores. If people have to buy all the best games anyway why are most of them gonna sub to that service for what amounts to an annual racing game and some leftovers?
You don't play the games. You have every system, you get what you want, and most importantly you play what you want. What's the last game you played on Gamepass that's outside of your norm. I'll wait :popcorn3:

In the meantime, for the gamers that do. Gamepass is packed with everything you said it don't have and then some. It has over 500 games, every genre, every developer. You always been picky, and I could run the list of developers that have their entire catalog in there from Bethesda/Zenimax, Activision,?Sega Ubisoft,ea/etc but nothing? Cool story bro :smoker:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Its good thst gamepass failed. It would only hurt the gaming industry. Games would be shorter. More mobile style games. Indies would be finished si ce they wouldnt make shyt compared to direct sales. Then when microsoft controlled the marlet, they raise the price claiming it will help innovation and we end up being some hoes.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Its good thst gamepass failed. It would only hurt the gaming industry. Games would be shorter. More mobile style games. Indies would be finished si ce they wouldnt make shyt compared to direct sales. Then when microsoft controlled the marlet, they raise the price claiming it will help innovation and we end up being some hoes.
So then everything would be like normal :stop:

I vividly remember the ps3 era and you guys would say we was dealing with battered wife syndrome. Well as a survivor, I know abuse when I see it. You need to leave him girl, don't settle for that MANDATORY bulshyt. I know you bought a PSVR2 :scusthov: so you're invested. Hey, pay another $60 and you can play PC titles minus the features of the headset. Ike Turner would be proud of Sony :smugbiden:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The industry needs to be torn down as it is on an unsustainable path right now. The present solution seems to be to double down on even more expensive AAA games with lengthy development cycles and chase trends while raising prices and sectioning parts of premium games as DLC and micro transactions.

Games like Concord and Suicide Squad are in development for so long that by the time they hit the market the audience has rejected games of that play style and they come in facing a backlash. The studios that made them gonna be in trouble as a result. Just takes one flop to close a studio.

Game Pass didn't fail because the market didn't want it. It failed because the creator of the service has a content creation problem. If anything all these componies bemoaning Game Pass and keeping their games off subscription services show they know it's actually the preferred business model for consumers and if they put their shyt on there customers would gobble it up in part because they've driven the price of games too high.

They prefer you pay $70 or more per game to buy then spend even more on DLC. Even raising the price of Game Pass it wouldn't compare to buying say 5 game and DLC for them.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
The industry needs to be torn down as it is on an unsustainable path right now. The present solution seems to be to double down on even more expensive AAA games with lengthy development cycles and chase trends while raising prices and sectioning parts of premium games as DLC and micro transactions.

Games like Concord and Suicide Squad are in development for so long that by the time they hit the market the audience has rejected games of that play style and they come in facing a backlash. The studios that made them gonna be in trouble as a result. Just takes one flop to close a studio.

Game Pass didn't fail because the market didn't want it. It failed because the creator of the service has a content creation problem. If anything all these componies bemoaning Game Pass and keeping their games off subscription services show they know it's actually the preferred business model for consumers and if they put their shyt on there customers would gobble it up in part because they've driven the price of games too high.

They prefer you pay $70 or more per game to buy then spend even more on DLC. Even raising the price of Game Pass it wouldn't compare to buying say 5 game and DLC for them.
Would you prefer less quality games or businesses taking a chance on making classics. The games that are flopping arent classics. That is a creativity problem.

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
Game pass failed?

What???

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
:mjcry:
We need it to fail brother. Its success means the end of classics and eventually your yearly gaming budget spent on gamepass when they raise the prices.
If good triple A games are included day and date on GP I'm fine with that being the new normal