Sony is literally building AAA studios not buying them

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
A lot of people were saying sony needed to respond and now they’re mad. :mjlol:

On the contrary. As I've had more time to think about this, this has to be for what they think Bungie can provide in the future. Disney got the biggest lick ever with the 4 billion for both Lucas Arts and Marvel. Basically racks on racks in return. I remember wondering what the hell Microsoft was going to do with Minecraft. That 2.5 billion was a steal. However, Destiny is very popular but it isn't anywhere near the realm of what Minecraft is. The Activision one provides more clarity from an ROI sense. You get the IPs and the talent. Bungie just has Destiny to bank on now and given that this isn't for exclusivity, this just makes me think furthermore that Sony will further flesh out their multi-platform ambitions

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
On the contrary. As I've had more time to think about this, this has to be for what they think Bungie can provide in the future. Disney got the biggest lick ever with the 4 billion for both Lucas Arts and Marvel. Basically racks on racks in return. I remember wondering what the hell Microsoft was going to do with Minecraft. That 2.5 billion was a steal. However, Destiny is very popular but it isn't anywhere near the realm of what Minecraft is. The Activision one provides more clarity from an ROI sense. You get the IPs and the talent. Bungie just has Destiny to bank on now and given that this isn't for exclusivity, this just makes me think furthermore that Sony will further flesh out their multi-platform ambitions

I’ve been saying sony is going in on multiplayer for months and yall been ignoring me. I even wrote an entire list out of all the games they had in production. This just further cements everything I’ve been saying

Firewalk studios- multiplayer shooter (Destiny Vets)
Deviation games - Multiplayer shooter (Treyarch/CoD vets)
Lucid games- Twisted Metal Game
Haven Studios - Online Multiplayer Games (Jade Raymond)
Firesprite studios- working on two multiplayer games

Guerilla, insomniac, and Naughty dog are also working on multiplayer games

A PS5 exclusive Marvel multiplayer game is reportedly in development

PlayStation and Firewalk Studios announce publishing partnership for a new, original multiplayer IP

Sony has been working with Deviation Games on its new PlayStation-exclusive IP for over a year already

Jade Raymond's Haven Studios Working on PS5 Exclusive Online Multiplayer Game: Report

New Twisted Metal game reportedly in development for PlayStation

Guerilla Games is Hiring for an Unannounced Multiplayer Project

Firesprite job listings reveal 4 exciting games from Sony's newest studio

Naughty Dog Multiplayer Game Could Feature RPG Elements

Watch him ignore this so he can stan halo :sas2:

Sony is gonna show microsoft how to make a quality multiplayer game, cause halo looks terrible

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I still think the best case scenario would be Bungie pulling all future games off Xbox. Fight fire with fire.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Daps
Reppin
I still think the best case scenario would be Bungie pulling all future games off Xbox. Fight fire with fire.

On sheer premise, I rock with that statement. However, this is roughly half of what Microsoft paid for Bethesda. Through The Elder Scrolls, Starfield and others, we know that they are going to get that money back. Besides, with Microsoft, it's easy to get, continue to increase the value of Gamepass.

I now fully believe Phil Spencer when he says that he's looking to the huge tech companies as competitors. Its just that for companies in the space right now like Sony and Nintendo, it's going to hurt them as a byproduct. I think Microsoft being caught off-guard by Double Helix being bought by Amazon shortly after they put out Killer Instinct put the battery in his back. He and Satya are basically telling Amazon, Apple and others, you won't be dipping your toe in, wading into the pool with the kids. You are going to have to swim with the sharks on day one to survive. Sony brass is smart, they see what is happening, they just can't compete on that level. However, they can make purchases like this. So, they said that they had 18 billion set aside for purchases, 3.6billion is gone.

Back to the point though, Sony needs Bungie multi-platform more than Microsoft needs their acquisitions to be.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Daps
Reppin
This isn’t even a blip as far as anti-trust of a 2 trillion dollar company buying a 70 billion dollar company is concerned lol

Cost isn't a concern, its the mere action. #1 sony is out acquiring developers so we should be allowed to as well. That's all that needs to be said for cover.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I don't agree nor like any of the acquisition foolishness but it's bizarre watching heads who openly stan a corporation, dap up and cheerlead posts deriding others who stan the other corporation. It's like, you do meth but you think you're different from the guy across the street because he does crack? Some of you boys legitimately participate in shyt your own children wouldn't.