Sony is BAD at garnering hype and effective communication lately resulting in poor first impressions.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
For all of you guys that bemoan "Sony stans" as incessantly defensive, don't say I never been objective. :ufdup:

Looking at you @Thavoiceofthevoiceless @MeachTheMonster @The Mad Titan .

Anyway, Sony is quite terrible lately at garnering hype and stumbling with communications with their fans. With the reveal of the Pro, stupid communications has now let the narrative become controlled by bad faith arguments by haters, ignorance from less tech savvy gamers, and legitimate gripes/critiques is being drowned out by the noise for the aforementioned.

WHY would you reveal a mid-gen refresh leading with TLOU PT2 remastered? It's a looker no doubt, but it's essentially a PS4 game at it's core. 9 minutes is not even enough to get shorty going if you get what I mean.:shaq:

So you showcase it with some PS4 games, and a quick side by side lasting a few seconds of games that's already out. Cool, but that could've been something you do during a longer presentation while showing UPCOMING games(not necessarily NEW unknown games) and then at the end announce the state of play where new worldwide exclusives will be revealed. Why didn't they show us Wukong, Rebirth, Elden Ring or any of the big games that are out NOW with a longer demonstration? Instead, they just showed a few older titles for a mere few seconds that doesn't showcase a big difference outside of obvious framerate improvements for quality modes. I've been in conversations with some IRL that think they're rereleasing TLOU! :mjlol:

The average gamer/consumer is very ignorant to tech and don't understand simple shyt at times so how you present something needs to be explained in detail loudly. Those "list of supported pro games" should have been SHOWN and demonstrated and clearly explained in the showcase but 9 minutes doesn't allow that.

The price is expensive, sure. I would bet you though that had they did a better job at SHOWING a lot of games, how PSSR(Ai upscaler) works on older titles that aren't supported and emphasized a slate of games to be presented in mere days/weeks the initial reception would've been much better imo.

I think they should've made the SSD just 1TB with the disc drive included because that's easier to upgrade as prices can be found for cheaper but no disc drive LOOKS worse even though a 1TB SSD can be had for around the same price. Most people didn't even talk about the 2TB SSD because it's whatever. If someone was upgrading their PS5 to a Pro and had an additional SSD installed, logic would say they would take it out and put it in the Pro so idk. Dumb thinking imo there.

Now for the hype part, it's been years since we saw anything BIG from Sony that has generated hype outside of the 3rd party exclusives(Rebirth is my GOTY though).

If Sony doesn't reveal wtf ND is doing as well as some other studios of theirs, they're failing BIG time. Say what you want about Xbox, they will generate hype for their fans even though they deliver nothing mostly. Sony hasn't had a GREAT showcase since years ago after E3 was bushed. We need live stage presentations with crowds, long demonstrations and announcements.

I get not wanting to blow their load early and then having lackluster showcases due to lack of things to talk about but at least tease. A logo for a new IP/game would go a long way. All year they've had some pretty stupid setbacks PR wise that are annoying.

IRl it's not changing anything in regards to sales and whatnot but we've been waiting for years now only to be met with cancellations of Factions, and radio silence from ND and a few other studios since. I don't even need to mention the way Concord was rolled out as that convo has been beaten to death.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I'm not reading all this shyt at 6am in the morning when I gotta get ready for work.

I'll entertain it later on today :mjlol:

@Fatboi1 is my nephew.

You will humor him and read his post.

Those we don’t agree on consoles…. Me and his mom (my big sis) grew up on Xbox and Sega

I will have his freedom of speech respected in here

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
light-too-bright.gif

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I was surprised they didn't at least use Astrobot to show off the Pro improvements

Cerny talkin about "look at the leaves" in Spiderman 2 :mjlol:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
My man wrote a college essay on damage control for a billion dollar corp who been bleeding their consumers dry :what:

No way you can explain charging 700 dollars for an 8 year CPU

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
What the fukk are you talking about?:dahell: Me saying Sony is bad at doing something is damage control?

I understand your context of the essay, but this is Sony and their practices going back since the PS3 era. They don't give a fukk at all. They could of did a lot of things for their consumer, but they don't.

This is why I didn't understand the console wars because all competitors need each other to keep each other in line.

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
For all of you guys that bemoan "Sony stans" as incessantly defensive, don't say I never been objective. :ufdup:

Looking at you @Thavoiceofthevoiceless @MeachTheMonster @The Mad Titan .

Anyway, Sony is quite terrible lately at garnering hype and stumbling with communications with their fans. With the reveal of the Pro, stupid communications has now let the narrative become controlled by bad faith arguments by haters, ignorance from less tech savvy gamers, and legitimate gripes/critiques is being drowned out by the noise for the aforementioned.

WHY would you reveal a mid-gen refresh leading with TLOU PT2 remastered? It's a looker no doubt, but it's essentially a PS4 game at it's core. 9 minutes is not even enough to get shorty going if you get what I mean.:shaq:

So you showcase it with some PS4 games, and a quick side by side lasting a few seconds of games that's already out. Cool, but that could've been something you do during a longer presentation while showing UPCOMING games(not necessarily NEW unknown games) and then at the end announce the state of play where new worldwide exclusives will be revealed. Why didn't they show us Wukong, Rebirth, Elden Ring or any of the big games that are out NOW with a longer demonstration? Instead, they just showed a few older titles for a mere few seconds that doesn't showcase a big difference outside of obvious framerate improvements for quality modes. I've been in conversations with some IRL that think they're rereleasing TLOU! :mjlol:

The average gamer/consumer is very ignorant to tech and don't understand simple shyt at times so how you present something needs to be explained in detail loudly. Those "list of supported pro games" should have been SHOWN and demonstrated and clearly explained in the showcase but 9 minutes doesn't allow that.

The price is expensive, sure. I would bet you though that had they did a better job at SHOWING a lot of games, how PSSR(Ai upscaler) works on older titles that aren't supported and emphasized a slate of games to be presented in mere days/weeks the initial reception would've been much better imo.

I think they should've made the SSD just 1TB with the disc drive included because that's easier to upgrade as prices can be found for cheaper but no disc drive LOOKS worse even though a 1TB SSD can be had for around the same price. Most people didn't even talk about the 2TB SSD because it's whatever. If someone was upgrading their PS5 to a Pro and had an additional SSD installed, logic would say they would take it out and put it in the Pro so idk. Dumb thinking imo there.

Now for the hype part, it's been years since we saw anything BIG from Sony that has generated hype outside of the 3rd party exclusives(Rebirth is my GOTY though).

If Sony doesn't reveal wtf ND is doing as well as some other studios of theirs, they're failing BIG time. Say what you want about Xbox, they will generate hype for their fans even though they deliver nothing mostly. Sony hasn't had a GREAT showcase since years ago after E3 was bushed. We need live stage presentations with crowds, long demonstrations and announcements.

I get not wanting to blow their load early and then having lackluster showcases due to lack of things to talk about but at least tease. A logo for a new IP/game would go a long way. All year they've had some pretty stupid setbacks PR wise that are annoying.

IRl it's not changing anything in regards to sales and whatnot but we've been waiting for years now only to be met with cancellations of Factions, and radio silence from ND and a few other studios since. I don't even need to mention the way Concord was rolled out as that convo has been beaten to death.
I agree.

As I said before, they better have a surprise waiting at one of these State of Plays or another Showcase, or I'm good on them.
I was hoping they would at least announce something new beside the inevitable announcement of the CincoPro, but they took the other route of showing shyt I done already ran through(Forbidden West aside).
I can easily cop the tech but it's not justifiable if you're showing old games. I can enjoy that shyt on the 5 I have now.
Bring on Ghost of Tsushima 2, Sly Cooper or even a hint of something NEW.
That's all I want.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Alright. I have a few minutes of time to entertain the conversation.

You’re going to need a lot more than just a graphics and visual upgrade to justify a $300 price increase from the base digital PS5 and showing off games wouldn’t necessarily change that.

The sole purpose of the digital was supposed to be a cheaper option compared to the disk drive one. Now you’ve taken that away while still charging separately for the base stand and if someone wants a disk drive.

Even if they show some games at the next state of play, they aren’t coming out until 2025 at the earliest and doesn’t help justify people making the purchase now.

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Alright. I have a few minutes of time to entertain the conversation.

You’re going to need a lot more than just a graphics and visual upgrade to justify a $300 price increase from the base digital PS5 and showing off games wouldn’t necessarily change that.

The sole purpose of the digital was supposed to be a cheaper option compared to the disk drive one. Now you’ve taken that away while still charging separately for the base stand and if someone wants a disk drive.

Going to suck for Sony fanboy pockets as well because Sony got a monopoly on their digital Storefront. You can't buy PS games digitally anywhere except Sony. No Target etc.. This shyt is a money grab out the ass. The disk drive shyt is ridicolous.