Sony in final talks to acquire Blue Point games, ready to make their own franchise

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Man the Jak and Sacred franchise def needs another 2 games, the 3rd game increased the scope of the series massively. It would be great if they had a 4th one focused on the time traveling elements and a 5th one with global and intergalactic traveling to a mass effect degree but I'm content if it rests in peace.

Hmm idk. As much as I loved J&D back in the day I kind of feel like R&C stole it’s thunder a bit. Not saying you can’t have more shooter/platformers but we already kind of eatin in that department so I’m not that pressed for naughty dog or bluepoint to go back to it. There are a lot of ps1 era games I’d nominate over it like vagrant story, parasite eve, Dino crisis

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Who says that? This is a nice pickup but it's not a game changer. If you ask me which I'd rather have organic Bluepoint Games or not organic ZeniMax I'm going ZeniMax.

Sony Studios Will Be Expanded Organically But Acquisitions Not Ruled Out

The point is that you establish a good rapport with the studios first and over years of good working relationships you bring them into the fold and continue to help them grow. Also a lot of times these studios will be ones that mostly work within that consoles eco-system for a long time and understand the nuances of it and how to get the most out of it. Insomniac is one of those developers and now bluepoint.

Sony isn’t just trying to buy any big name third party studio for exclusives they are seeing who already works well within their structure. It’s like an NBA owner saying he just wants players who already won championships and an owner seeing potential and bringing in specialized talent and helping the players they already have grow. That’s organic.

Big acquisitions don’t always pay off especially for 10+ Smaller studios being brought into another larger one. I’ve worked for a relatively small company that got bought out by a much larger one and it’s always a mess. There became a lot of redundancy in positions which lead to layoffs, a bigger need to perform to hit sales goals, corporate culture not meshing well etc. etc.

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
They should have them revive one of their dead IPs like Syphon Filter, Socom, Resistance, Jak or Ape Escape
I hope they do a remake of the jak trilogy. Never played em before but a remake with modern controls would be a good introduction.

A jak 2 remake has potential. Open world, sci fi gta with platforming and co op :whoo:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I hope they do a remake of the jak trilogy. Never played em before but a remake with modern controls would be a good introduction.

A jak 2 remake has potential. Open world, sci fi gta with platforming and co op :whoo:

I honestly be ok if they just give it the crash bandicoot treatment and keep everything else the same.

Jchr is

Banned
Daps
Or Ready At Dawn.

Them nikkas still need to prove themselves after the order, and putting out mid at best afterwards ain't it.

From though, with world wide studios not having them left in a technical mess and the freedom to do whatever they want with no super hard deadlines would be clutch as fukk.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Them nikkas still need to prove themselves after the order, and putting out mid at best afterwards ain't it.

From though, with world wide studios not having them left in a technical mess and the freedom to do whatever they want with no super hard deadlines would be clutch as fukk.
Facebook owns Ready at Dawn now. They exclusively develop VR games. They did Lone Echo and are making a sequel. I really liked The Order 1886 but it just got shyt on by games media and that was a wrap.

Jchr is

Banned
Daps
Facebook owns Ready at Dawn now. They exclusively develop VR games. They did Lone Echo and are making a sequel. I really liked The Order 1886 but it just got shyt on by games media and that was a wrap.

Yeah it was enjoyable for what it was, but the open world boom had the masses hating on a linear story shooter no matter how pretty it was.