Sony in final talks to acquire Blue Point games, ready to make their own franchise

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
This actually pretty cool to see how they've grown over the years.

I listened to their digital foundry interview they did a week or so ago. Every game (remake) they did they pushed themselves beyond their previous limit and expanded the company, with demon souls being the most ambitious to date.

I think they will have the technical part of their next game in the bag, but i do wonder how they will fare in the gameplay and story department, seeing as they haven't had to do anything original, in that regard, yet.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, I would be curious to see what genre and type of game they could come up with from scratch. Hope that happens in their next project, doesn't have to be a massive open world title either.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This is what people mean when they say organic collaborations leading to acquisitions.
Who says that? This is a nice pickup but it's not a game changer. If you ask me which I'd rather have organic Bluepoint Games or not organic ZeniMax I'm going ZeniMax.

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
It's about damn time. They've been thorough af for years now.

Best of luck to them on whatever IP they come up with.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
They should have them revive one of their dead IPs like Syphon Filter, Socom, Resistance, Jak or Ape Escape
Man the Jak and Sacred franchise def needs another 2 games, the 3rd game increased the scope of the series massively. It would be great if they had a 4th one focused on the time traveling elements and a 5th one with global and intergalactic traveling to a mass effect degree but I'm content if it rests in peace.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Good choice. That studio is hugely talented and would be great to see them start their own IP.