Sony game is #2 sold game on Xbox

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Naturally they would be involved in the partnership, they would have to be since they have to sign off on the licensing. My point was MLB didn't approach Sony like you need to get this on MS platform.
I believe they did based on the reporting at the time.

"As part of the goal for this year’s game, MLB decided to bring the franchise to more players and baseball fans," a PlayStation rep told Inverse. "This decision provides a unique opportunity to further establish MLB The Show as the premier brand for baseball video games."

Omdia Principal Analyst George Jijiashbvili elaborated on this, saying, "This is all about MLB finding a bigger audience, which took precedence over console manufacturer jousting."

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Naturally they would be involved in the partnership, they would have to be since they have to sign off on the licensing. My point was MLB didn't approach Sony like you need to get this on MS platform.
MLB is the publisher on Xbox not Sony.
MLB The Show 21 On Xbox Is Seemingly Not Being Published By Sony - PlayStation Universe
MLB wanted this game multiplatform. MLB is why it's on Game Pass. It wasn't a Sony idea to take a decades old exclusive title and put it on a competing platform from their own.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
MLB is the publisher on Xbox not Sony.
MLB The Show 21 On Xbox Is Seemingly Not Being Published By Sony - PlayStation Universe
MLB wanted this game multiplatform. MLB is why it's on Game Pass. It wasn't a Sony idea to take a decades old exclusive title and put it on a competing platform from their own.

Regardless of it being on gamepass or not sony wouldn’t have agreed to renew the license if it wasn’t beneficial for them. Also, theres prob a good chance (as in, none) microsoft doesn’t pay the MLB every year to have it on gamepass so this was a one time deal to generate interest in the series. It’s not like EA where it just comes with ultimate, that gamepass deal was costly.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Regardless of it being on gamepass or not sony wouldn’t have agreed to renew the license if it wasn’t beneficial for them. Also, theres prob a good chance (as in, none) microsoft doesn’t pay the MLB every year to have it on gamepass so this was a one time deal to generate interest in the series. It’s not like EA where it just comes with ultimate, that gamepass deal was costly.
I don't think MLB The Show on Xbox impacts Sony selling it to Playstation only gamers other than the unpleasant optics of the game being on Game Pass day one on Xbox. It sounded like MLB asked, Sony shrugged and said do what you want with that and we'll continue to do what we do over here.