Sony E3 2016 Press Conference Thread: June 13th 6PM PT /9PM EST

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So announcing a bunch of games that are 2-3 years away counts as a win? :dead:

Horizon and TLG are 6 months and three months away respectively. God of War, Detroit and Days Gone have been in production for years and will come out next year. Death Stranding is the only game that falls under your category.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
more info on God of War:

The entire game is presented as a single, uninterrupted shot. Once you’re in, you’re in. No load screens, no cinematics, no fades to black. Kratos and his son’s journey across the world of Norse mythology -- which takes place an undisclosed amount of time past God of War III -- will be told in a wholly singular, and honestly unique manner.

Right from the get-go, it was apparent that this was a very different God of War game. We now view the world from behind Kratos’ shoulders, with the previously-static camera now being controlled using the right stick. This part is important, because the world is rife with hidden paths, secret nooks, and collectables hidden all over the place. During my extended demo, we wandered off the beaten path and discovered a number of crafting resources, pieces of armor, and idols. God of War will feature larger, much more in-depth RPG systems, something Sony will discuss further down the road.

While the E3 demo was a quieter, more character-driven look at the game, Barlog assured me that the series isn’t shrugging off its bombastic, cinematic roots. The reason they didn’t focus the E3 demo on a huge, spectacle-filled set piece is that it's a given that the game will have those. Barlog and Sony Santa Monica have mastered those moments, so with this demo, they wanted to surprise fans and non-fans of the series with the unexpected.

:ahh:

So announcing a bunch of games that are 2-3 years away counts as a win? :dead:

yes because you can only announce games that are coming out straight after the conference at e3 now :camby:

weak ass argument. these conferences have always been about the future and direction of the platforms.

i'm not even gon mention TLG coming out this year, gravity rush 2 this year, horizon is quarter 1 next year, so is resident evil and nier. also, both gow and spiderman are targeting Q3/Q4 next year.

you don't have to live like this. you can cop a ps4 and rid yourself of the angst. or you can wait for tokyo game show, gamescom and playstation experience later this year to give you more reasons to need therapy breh

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As an aside, people tend to ignore the fact M$ heavily stack their games for the final quarter of the year - three months and onwards after E3 - so the games they show are more likely to come out closer to E3.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
doubt it. nothing on the spider-man trailer is outside the capabilities of the regular ps4, especially if you look at the things achieved on a technical level by uncharted 4 or even the god of war trailer.

furthermore, neo dev kits are quite recent, and the game has been in development for some time, in the interview with geoff they indicated at around 3 years (conception, early builds etc)

and insomniac has already achieved similar levels of movement with fun and fast traversal with their first bite on the current gen with sunset overdrive. this was on weaker hardware during a generational transition:

ForcefulPleasantBedlingtonterrier.gif

do you think that now with more optimized tools they won't do better?
remembering this pos just dehyped me :heh:

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
I can't lie my jaw dropped for pretty much the whole conference my wife looked at me like "I know I can never make you as happy as that conference" :sadcam: easily the best conference the beats just kept coming like a bus with no brakes no lames talking just pure heat from start to finish
God of war looked crazy, I do wonder about the combat though and I wonder if kratos son will take up the mantle
Tlg- more interested in this out of morbid curiosity than anything else
Horizon - looks great Witcher ish
Days gone- when I first watched game play I was stoked but thinking back besides huge zombie hoards didn't really show anything could be decent
VR crap don't really care but first person perving in ff15 could be interesting
COD looked absolutely great, can't lie as a person who doesn't play cod since black ops 2 this got me excited
Crash : remaster nah I'm good
Spider man looked great and from my new favs at insomniac
Kojima the game featuring Norman fetus: fake 2030'title
Resident evil 7 reveal was dope just off novelty
Anything I forgot was prolly trash

My biggest complaint though is everything is 2017 they've got squat for this year I know they'll market cod like a first party but still weak

Conference still 5/5 though

:lupe: