Sony confidential documents revealed, they are attempting to cover it up

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I aint trying to hear those racist 13-year old xbots.
If PlayStation sold more in the us then those racist you're referring to are now team Sony so try again :camby:
how many xbox or nintendo games have crossplay with each other?
Most online multiplayer games are crossplay

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This was actually a HUGE point of contention for me.

As someone that plays a lot of competitive games, and especially a lot of fighters on PC... cross play between all systems is HUGE. So I legit hate on sony for this. This is actually a topic that's near and dear to me... Crossplay imo is something that's too important to multiplayer gaming and should always be an option when possible.
:unimpressed:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Why should sony have to share its large user base with xbox?:yeshrug:

To be fair i think people would be perfectly content with pc-ps4/5 crossplay. But if they agree to that and not xbox that's just completely ignoring xbox users for no good reason.

Crossplay is huge right now but it's no where near as big as it could be.

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
To be fair i think people would be perfectly content with pc-ps4/5 crossplay. But if they agree to that and not xbox that's just completely ignoring xbox users for no good reason.

Crossplay is huge right now but it's no where near as big as it could be.

Sony has been showing PC cross play since PS3. The reason there isn't cross play for every game has nothing to do with Sony. They don't charge a fee for cross play. You can make your game crossplay all you want with out a fee. Sony will impose a fine if for some reason most gamers are playing on PS4 but most of the MTX money was being spent on another platform. Without this clause you could make a F2P game for PS4 but then decide to run constant sales for dlc and MTX on your own website so what happens is you get all the money while Sony is stuck paying for your servers.

Another thing is why wouldn't Sony want a cut it's non PlayStation gamers who want access to the PlayStation player pool.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
This was actually a HUGE point of contention for me.

As someone that plays a lot of competitive games, and especially a lot of fighters on PC... cross play between all systems is HUGE. So I legit hate on sony for this. This is actually a topic that's near and dear to me... Crossplay imo is something that's too important to multiplayer gaming and should always be an option when possible.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’ll never understand the corporate shill approach from consumers

understanding something doesn’t mean you have to like/accept it from a consumer standpoint...you can absolutely understand something and be critical of it...that’s how change comes about

sony eventually acquiesced bcuz they were the last ones holding up the show and they undoubtedly realized how it made them look to consumers...any gamer who has a decent circle of friends/family who own different consoles has more than likely wanted the ability to have crossplay

I get the OP’s underhanded intentions but it’s still a good topic to discuss