Sony CEO say Playstation making “Major steps” to become Multiplatform

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
All that revenue I posted comes from sales on PlayStation Network. You misquoting the company CEO doesn't change the financials they put out. The business model used to be sell a console at a loss so you buy profitable software on it. The business model now is sell the console to sell the software so you can buy add on content for it.
And the Majority of money people are spending on PSN is on multiplatform games.

I didn’t misquote anything. It’s all there for you to read.

In a world of “make money off add on content and subscriptions”. The actual hardware that happens on doesn’t matter.

Again, Playstation top money makers are multiplatform titles. It’s clear the people spending money on PSN don’t really care about that.
Any move they make that causes them to potentially sell less consoles isn't happening.
This is your disconnect. Selling games on PC day one won’t hurt their console sales. PC and console are two different markets. It’s evident that sony feels this way by the fact that they spend millions on keeping games off xbox but won’t spend millions to keep games off PC.
The games I'm talking about influence purchase decisions of what platform people choose to buy. You see it here people laughing and saying Xbox has no games. Sony is perceived to have games because of that output. They start putting those games day one on a neutral platform and people will look at PC and realize they can play Sony games, Microsoft games, and everything in between minus Nintendo day one on a PC. They can even play against their friends on either platform with cross play.
PS4 sold 80+ million consoles. Sonys most popular games sell around 10 million. There’s 70 million PS4 users that don’t give a fukk about uncharted.

You stans put way too much emphasis on “exclusives” The rest of the world doesn’t really care.
Less PlayStations will be sold and that add on content revenue will shrink. That won't happen not because of stan shyt but because it's bad business. They'll do as they been doing release on PlayStation first, sell through, then port later.
No there won’t.

Again you are giving Sony exclusives way too much credit.

The market of users that would be PC only but chose to buy a playstation and spend money on fortnight just so they can play uncharted day one is very small, probably zero at this point.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Those aren't Sony titles and Final Fantasy VII was on PlayStation exclusively for a year at least before it came to Epic's store. Why didn't it come to PC the same day it was released on PS4?
Doesn’t matter who published them. They are games that sony deemed worthy of spending money on, yet they were ok with them coming out on PC day one.(remove FF7 and add any other recent “exclusive” sony has paid for recently)

Why would sony spend millions on a game like deahtloop just to allow a day one PC release?

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:scusthov:

This is probably the generation I finish with Sony. All this multplatform talk, gaas and multiplayer focus is a huge turn off from what I liked about them in the past. The de-emphasis on Japan is another one.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Dr Strange just came out at the movies last month. I ain't going to the movies to see it. If Disney put it on Disney+ day one for say $20 and I could see it that way I'd probably pay that. Disney's problem is if they did that it would cannibalize box office sales and overall they'd make less money. There is literally no upside to Disney releasing those high ranking releases on Disney+ day one so it doesn't happen. Reaching a customer like me day one isn't worth the sacrifice to the company. It's the same way for Sony and PC games.

Square Enix can release Final Fantasy VII on PS4 and a year later port it to PC charge full price for it and still sell copies so no it's not about being able to charge full price. There is no upside to Sony putting games like God of War Ragnarök on PC day one. On the other hand if they make people on PC wait 6-12 months there's a chance some of those impatient buyers will just get a PlayStation and play it day one. The rest will simply wait because they don't want a PlayStation so that's their only option. Almost none of them will refuse to buy the game when it's made available on their platform of choice.

You're absolutely right in that on PC there is some segment of that base that ain't buying a console and vice verse some segment of console buyers will never buy a PC. Where you're wrong is in saying it's worth it for Sony to make that segment a priority at the expense of their closed box platform. If they put those games on PC day one there is a segment that's gonna be freed from the obligation to buy a PlayStation to access Sony games. These aren't completely separate markets. There is some overlap.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Let's take it a step further.
Shawn Layden on the idea.
The idea of going to PC—and I don’t think you’ll ever see PlayStation do a day and date with PC, but you know, never say never—but the strategy as we were developing it when I was there was that we need to go out to where these new customers are, these new fans could be. We need to go to where they are because they’ve decided not to go to come to my house so I’ve got to go to their house now. And what’s the best way to go to their house?
Why don’t I take one of our top-selling games, which has already blown up the marketplace, it’s already been out there for 18 months or 24 months, there’s no real retail activity against that title, I’m not trading off one sale for another, and bring that to the personal computer platform and let them have an idea – you guys choose not to come to PlayStation but let me show you what you’re missing.

All the upside to selling games on PC exist in a delayed release strategy. You get the customers that will never buy a PlayStation and you could possibly get new customers that end up saying they want these games earlier so they end up getting a PlayStation.