Sony CEO say Playstation making “Major steps” to become Multiplatform

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The whole point of Sony stans hyping up playstation was simply because it was were they could play exclusive games ONLY on that system.

The narrative is constantly changing and shifting, and now it's we have games the Xbox doesn't have so the Xbox doesn't have any games.

When in reality like I've said since I started posting in this fourm, it's all about the multiplatform games unless you are Nintendo,.

but I thought Microsoft was publisher of the year:mjlol:

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Hope they have plans for remasters of some forgotten ps3 games (heavenly sword, Lair etc.) they can easily sell them at 30 a pop and use them as content fill for a potential gamepass competitor on PC and ps5, also the ps1 and ps2 emulators can run even on a toaster nowadays, imagine Sony made some deals, and started realising emulated ps1 and ps2 games on PC/PS5, they can get Breath of fire 3 and 4, the Suikoden series, Symphony of the Night, Valkery Profile 1 and 2, Legend of Dragoon, the Wild Arms games, among other, again all that can be content for their own version of gamepass. :banderas:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Sony: Acquisition of Bungie Represents a Major Step Forward in Becoming More Multiplatform

He also says the money is in the software/services, and now the hardware follows the content/creators instead of the other way around as it was in the past.

Something i’ve been saying for years, but maybe y’all will believe it now that Sonys CEO has said it.:mjpls:
What I will believe is seeing them release any AAA single player title day one across PlayStation and PC. What I won't believe in them releasing these games a year or 2 later to a different audience and charging almost full retail if not full retail for old games that are at the time practically being given away on PlayStation.

God Of War was being given away for nothing on PS5. If they come out and sell 2 million more on PC after that fact why wouldn't they want to do that again and again?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What I will believe is seeing them release any AAA single player title day one across PlayStation and PC. What I won't believe in them releasing these games a year or 2 later to a different audience and charging almost full retail if not full retail for old games that are at the time practically being given away on PlayStation.

God Of War was being given away for nothing on PS5. If they come out and sell 2 million more on PC after that fact why wouldn't they want to do that again and again?
You can be in denial all you want breh.

They’ve been saying it for years now. Buying multiplat devs. Building/buying a PC team.

Only reason Playstation games aren’t on PC day one yet is because they are technically not ready to do it yet.

Once they get their PC pipeline together. The games will release on PC day one.
Sony CEO said:
myself would say, platform is important. But primarily, communities of interest are going to be close to the motivation, so we are not really thinking as one platform. And background for that, as I said, with network, media is changing rapidly, and it will continue to change. If I'm to take some examples, AOL was there, and then portals - Yahoo was there - and then Google was separated, and then social in the form in Facebook, and then sound social, and maybe game social like Discord. So there'll be separations. And that is occurring, and we have to respond to those changes. Content does not change so much. Creativity from people does not change so much. So I would say, in the past, media chose contents but now, content and creators will be choosing the media.

Doesn’t sound like a guy planning to hold games to one platform.

He’s spelled it all out for you. Just gotta look past your stan sensibilities to see where we are headed :manny:

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You can be in denial all you want breh.

They’ve been saying it for years now. Buying multiplat devs. Building/buying a PC team.

Only reason Playstation games aren’t on PC day one yet is because they are technically not ready to do it yet.

Once they get their PC pipeline together. The games will release on PC day one.

Doesn’t sound like a guy planning to hold games to one platform.

He’s spelled it all out for you. Just gotta look past your stan sensibilities to see where we are headed :manny:
Who ported God of War to PC? Who ported Horizon? Who ported Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection? Why can't those same teams work on newer games? Why haven't any of these newer games been announced on PC? They aren't technically ready to release PC games yet they're releasing PC games? Horizon Forbidden West came out months ago where's the PC announcement or even confirmation it's coming to PC?

You're the one in denial. There's nothing stopping Sony right now from making the same statement Microsoft did when they went all in on multiplatform and saying going forward our intention is to release all our games on PC day 1. Nobody from the company has said that nor have there been any rumors of it.

Them going multiplatform and treating all platforms they're on with parity are two different things. Sony is doing the Rockstar approach. Release it on consoles say nothing about PC releases them maybe a year later confirm and release it on PC.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Who ported God of War to PC? Who ported Horizon? Who ported Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection? Why can't those same teams work on newer games? Why haven't any of these newer games been announced on PC? They aren't technically ready to release PC games yet they're releasing PC games? Horizon Forbidden West came out months ago where's the PC announcement or even confirmation it's coming to PC?

They aren’t ready to release them “day one”

Their releases so far have been hard to get out cause their teams don’t have multiplat experience, and it shows as the ports have been kinda rough. That’s why they’ve been hiring and buying PC talent.

You're the one in denial. There's nothing stopping Sony right now from making the same statement Microsoft did when they went all in on multiplatform and saying going forward our intention is to release all our games on PC day 1. Nobody from the company has said that nor have there been any rumors of it.

They are trying to land it soft, so you stans don’t have a fit.

They are easing you into it. With every statement, purchase, hire it’s clear which direction they are moving.
Them going multiplatform and treating all platforms they're on with parity are two different things. Sony is doing the Rockstar approach. Release it on consoles say nothing about PC releases them maybe a year later confirm and release it on PC.
Rockstar does that for technical reasons as well. It’s very difficult to get huge games like that ready to go on dozens of platforms at once.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Their releases so far have been hard to get out cause their teams don’t have multiplat experience, and it shows as the ports have been kinda rough. That’s why they’ve been hiring and buying PC talent.

They are easing you into it. With every statement, purchase, hire it’s clear which direction they are moving.

Rockstar does that for technical reasons as well. It’s very difficult to get huge games like that ready to go on dozens of platforms at once.

The bolded is facts

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

You honestly believe these companies let the types of people you call stans (of which you are clearly one for Microsoft) dictate their policy?

I get it you want to see the wall fall down on Sony putting their AAA single player games on PlayStation exclusively day 1 because when that happens it strengthens the case for people not buying a PlayStation and you aren't in their camp. It's like how I wanna see Disney put all their movies on Disney+ day one. No wishful thinking or saying it's the future is gonna make that real. These companies know how to release their products in a way that best monetizes them. Sony will release non-platform advantage games day 1 on everything. Games with a live service microtransaction focus. They'll continue to release window their bread and butter games on PlayStation consoles first then after the sell through happens and the game sales trail off they'll release a PC port to rekindle sales.

If you honestly think Sony is going to sacrifice their ecosystem driven model to reach a wider audience then I have an Apple Watch that's compatible with Android to sell you. The PlayStation ecosystem is more valuable to Sony than software sales. If you don't believe me look at their last quarterly report and tell me what brings in more revenue for them.

I'll even post the image for you.
Page 9
digital.jpg

That category that says add on content is higher than software sales both digital and physical combined in every quarter the last 2 years. That's content being sold on PSN that's not the games themselves. That's the ecosystem. Day one on PC is not going to close that gap. That number is 50-60% of the sales from the category they call game software and even better than that it's low overhead revenue. Those games cost millions to make. The add on content cost next to nothing in comparison and is mostly profit for them or comes from third party sales they just take a cut of.

Here's the footnote too.
4 Add-on Content is revenue from digital content other than full games sold via the PlayStation™ Store, such as in-game currency, in-game items and expansion packages.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You honestly believe these companies let the types of people you call stans (of which you are clearly one for Microsoft) dictate their policy?

No they don’t, which is why they are making “major steps to become multiplatform”
I get it you want to see the wall fall down on Sony putting their AAA single player games on PlayStation exclusively day 1 because when that happens it strengthens the case for people not buying a PlayStation and you aren't in their camp. It's like how I wanna see Disney put all their movies on Disney+ day one. No wishful thinking or saying it's the future is gonna make that real. These companies know how to release their products in a way that best monetizes them. Sony will release non-platform advantage games day 1 on everything. Games with a live service microtransaction focus. They'll continue to release window their bread and butter games on PlayStation consoles first then after the sell through happens and the game sales trail off they'll release a PC port to rekindle sales.
Ain’t got shyt to do with what i want. It’s what’s happening. The CEO just spelled it out to you. Hardware no longer dictates the terms, it’s the hardware chasing the software/creators in 2022. That’s straight from the Sony CEO mouth. Ain’t something i made up.
If you honestly think Sony is going to sacrifice their ecosystem driven model to reach a wider audience then I have an Apple Watch that's compatible with Android to sell you. The PlayStation ecosystem is more valuable to Sony than software sales. If you don't believe me look at their last quarterly report and tell me what brings in more revenue for them.

I'll even post the image for you.
Page 9
digital.jpg

That category that says add on content is higher than software sales both digital and physical combined in every quarter the last 2 years. That's content being sold on PSN that's not the games themselves. That's the ecosystem. Day one on PC is not going to close that gap. That number is 50-60% of the sales from the category they call game software and even better than that it's low overhead revenue. Those games cost millions to make. The add on content cost next to nothing in comparison and is mostly profit for them or comes from third party sales they just take a cut of.
They wouldn’t be sacrificing anything with day one PC titles.

All that revenue you just posted comes from games that are on 37 different platforms. Fortnight being on everything from iphones to watches and PC doesn’t harm sony’s ecosystem, so why would the 7-8 games they develop per gen launching on pc change that?

Again the CEO done told you hardware doesn’t matter anymore but you still stuck on that 2006 shyt :stopitslime:

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
@winb83 it should already be clear to you that sony views PC and console markets as separate.

They spend millions for “exclusives” that will launch on PC day one.

If they thought games existing on pc would poach their console sales, then why spend millions on a game like Deathloop or FF7??

Isn’t that counterproductive to their strategy according to you?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
No they don’t, which is why they are making “major steps to become multiplatform”

Ain’t got shyt to do with what i want. It’s what’s happening. The CEO just spelled it out to you. Hardware no longer dictates the terms, it’s the hardware chasing the software/creators in 2022. That’s straight from the Sony CEO mouth. Ain’t something i made up.

They wouldn’t be sacrificing anything with day one PC titles.

All that revenue you just posted comes from games that are on 37 different platforms. Fortnight being on everything from iphones to watches and PC doesn’t harm sony’s ecosystem, so why would the 7-8 games they develop per gen launching on pc change that?

Again the CEO done told you hardware doesn’t matter anymore but you still stuck on that 2006 shyt :stopitslime:
All that revenue I posted comes from sales on PlayStation Network. You misquoting the company CEO doesn't change the financials they put out. The business model used to be sell a console at a loss so you buy profitable software on it. The business model now is sell the console to sell the software so you can buy add on content for it.

Any move they make that causes them to potentially sell less consoles isn't happening. The games I'm talking about influence purchase decisions of what platform people choose to buy. You see it here people laughing and saying Xbox has no games. Sony is perceived to have games because of that output. They start putting those games day one on a neutral platform and people will look at PC and realize they can play Sony games, Microsoft games, and everything in between minus Nintendo day one on a PC. They can even play against their friends on either platform with cross play.

Less PlayStations will be sold and that add on content revenue will shrink. That won't happen not because of stan shyt but because it's bad business. They'll do as they been doing release on PlayStation first, sell through, then port later.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
@winb83 it should already be clear to you that sony views PC and console markets as separate.

They spend millions for “exclusives” that will launch on PC day one.

If they thought games existing on pc would poach their console sales, then why spend millions on a game like Deathloop or FF7??

Isn’t that counterproductive to their strategy according to you?
Those aren't Sony titles and Final Fantasy VII was on PlayStation exclusively for a year at least before it came to Epic's store. Why didn't it come to PC the same day it was released on PS4?