I wish y’all would try to be objective.
tenor.gif

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
So let's clear this up. This studio has made nothing significant. Xbox acquired a bunch of studios years ago and the commentary from Sony gamers was it wasn't that special. Then they got Bethesda and zenimax and everything under that umbrella. Sony gamers still acted like it's that that big of a deal.

And now this happens and y'all like "this team that did a port might join too :blessed:"

CLEARLY IT'S ONLY ABOUT BEING EXCLUSIVE, HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POTENTIAL OR BODY OF WORK :gucci:

I will be upping those threads and I will highlight the oversights by the offending individuals so help me EXPOSE!!! you, thanks, this will be fun :handshake:

Hater:mjlol:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Major multiplatform publisher with 2500 employees :hula: independent studio of 80 that has been funded by Sony for two decades

I wish y’all would try to be objective. Likewise no one cared when microsoft bought inxile, obsidian, double fine, or the 6 other developers in the last 4 years. The outrage only came from the Bethesda acquisition for above stated reasons.

Haters want to talk about double standards. I said that M$ buying Bethesda was a huge move and a W for them. But let’s keep it a buck. They poached a studio that made multi platform games. They poached Starfield. They got Double Fine, whose only two big games thus far are Psychonauts and Brutal Legend. Games I enjoyed very much, but we’re also multi platform and didn’t perform well financially. That’s just using those two studios as an example. Sony has purchased studios that have primarily been loyal to Sony. Sony haven’t had to take competition off the playing board:pachaha:.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Haters want to talk about double standards. I said that M$ buying Bethesda was a huge move and a W for them. But let’s keep it a buck. They poached a studio that made multi platform games. They poached Starfield. They got Double Fine, whose only two big games thus far are Psychonauts and Brutal Legend. Games I enjoyed very much, but we’re also multi platform and didn’t perform well financially. That’s just using those two studios as an example. Sony has purchased studios that have primarily been loyal to Sony. Sony haven’t had to take competition off the playing board:pachaha:.

agreed, sony is confident in their home grown studio approach. They’re great at building studios up, sony is the Greg Popovich of gaming

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Smart business is going to beat internet bragging rights all day.

Not sure how the Bethesda acquisition all of a sudden became the gold standard in studio acquisitions considering they're still going to be releasing multi-platform titles. And they haven't openly confirmed any exclusivity in their major IPs at this time because they're all so far away. :manny:
The head of Xbox has for the most part said past contract obligations Xbox bought ZeniMax and all it's subsidiaries for Xbox Game Pass.
Phil Spencer on the big Bethesda deal: "This is about delivering great exclusive games on platforms where Game Pass exists" | GamesRadar+
"Obviously, I can't sit here and say that every Bethesda game is exclusive," Spencer says. "We know that's not true. There's contractual obligations that we're gonna see through, as we always do in every one of these instances. We have games that exist on other platforms and we're gonna go support those games on the platforms they're on. There're communities of players, we love those communities, and we'll continue to invest in them. And even in the future, there might be things that have contractual things or legacy on different platforms that we'll go do.

"But for an Xbox customer, the thing I want you to know is that this is about delivering great exclusive games for you that ship on platforms where Game Pass exists," he continues. "That's our goal, that's why we're doing this, that's the root of this partnership that we're building. The creative capability we're gonna be able to bring to market for Xbox customers is gonna be the best it's ever been for Xbox after we're done here."
So Bethesda is outside of current obligations making games on Xbox Game Pass platforms going forward.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2021/06/29/sony-housemarque-acquisition/

Good article. Kind of goes into the history of Housemarque and how the studio is happy with the acquisition as now they dont have to worry about overhead anymore. They’ve feared that their last two games might be their last.

“While Housemarque only has one AAA, big-budget game in the recent “Returnal,” Hulst said this acquisition will enable them to continue to pursue ambitious projects. Being a first-party PlayStation studio means Housemarque will have access to Sony’s motion-capture facilities, testing and focus groups, as well as administrative assets for acquiring new talent, among other matters.”

“To increase your ambition level, execute on that during a pandemic with everybody working from home? And you ship a game like ‘Returnal’ with the PS5? That’s hats off to me,” said Hulst, who added he first worked closely with Housemarque in 2006 to create “Killzone: Liberation" for the PlayStation Portable while he was managing director of Guerrilla Games, another Sony studio. “They’ve earned the right to make whatever bold, creative choices they need.”

Flykid567

Pro
Daps
I wish Sony would buy a studio that already isn’t basically under them like Remedy or From