Sony buys Housemarque studio

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Sony is so smart when it comes to purchases and developer relations and it shows in the great first party. With all these great studios hitting at the same time it’s gonna be great owning a Sony console for years to come. 9

It's been great for over 25 years :yeshrug:

you NEVER have to worry about games

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
giphy.webp

Cant wait to see what they do after Returnal :banderas:

Sony supposedly got Bluepoint too :banderas:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's been great for over 25 years :yeshrug:

you NEVER have to worry about games

This is what i say all the time. never been a point since PSX where i was worried about PlayStation not delivering good games, especially single player games. After the N64 i learned that playstation is always gonna be my primary console

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
dude you know it's a double standard. I don't think console exclusives outside of direct studios are good for gaming in general but people downplay or hate when Xbox buys a studio and glorify when Sony does it...Either way it's part of the business. The question is does Microsoft answer this move?

So let's clear this up. This studio has made nothing significant. Xbox acquired a bunch of studios years ago and the commentary from Sony gamers was it wasn't that special. Then they got Bethesda and zenimax and everything under that umbrella. Sony gamers still acted like it's that that big of a deal.

And now this happens and y'all like "this team that did a port might join too :blessed:"

CLEARLY IT'S ONLY ABOUT BEING EXCLUSIVE, HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POTENTIAL OR BODY OF WORK :gucci:

I will be upping those threads and I will highlight the oversights by the offending individuals so help me EXPOSE!!! you, thanks, this will be fun :handshake:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
huh?

MS just bought a juggernaut studio

sony bought a small studio that was practically in-house

MS doesn’t need to respond to this

they do need to make sure the bethesda acquisition pays off tho

Most def....Either way it's part of the business at this point so I don't even knock it...But yes if you are buying these companies hopefully they keep dropping heat....To be honest part of the reason I grabbed an XBOX this gen is because of the Bethesda license.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
dude you know it's a double standard. I don't think console exclusives outside of direct studios are good for gaming in general but people downplay or hate when Xbox buys a studio and glorify when Sony does it...Either way it's part of the business. The question is does Microsoft answer this move?
Major multiplatform publisher with 2500 employees :hula: independent studio of 80 that has been funded by Sony for two decades

I wish y’all would try to be objective. Likewise no one cared when microsoft bought inxile, obsidian, double fine, or the 6 other developers in the last 4 years. The outrage only came from the Bethesda acquisition for above stated reasons.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Most def....Either way it's part of the business at this point so I don't even knock it...But yes if you are buying these companies hopefully they keep dropping heat....To be honest part of the reason I grabbed an XBOX this gen is because of the Bethesda license.

that shyt made me jump on game pass again

some of the sony folk try to downplay it but if sony had bought bethesda and added the library to the PS+ collection they’d rightfully be ecstatic lol

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The term organic for a business acquisition and industry consolidation seems laughable. It’s like people try to act like those Miami Heat years with LeBron were bad because it wasn’t organic team development. That doesn’t matter what matters is results.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The term organic for a business acquisition and industry consolidation seems laughable. It’s like people try to act like those Miami Heat years with LeBron were bad because it wasn’t organic team development. That doesn’t matter what matters is results.

and sony feels they get better results by acquiring studios they have a long history with. They aren’t going out snatching up any developer for sale, big difference there

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
and sony feels they get better results by acquiring studios they have a long history with. They aren’t going out snatching up any developer for sale, big difference there

bcuz they can’t even tho you’re still high key begging for a square enix acquisition