Sony are scumbags. They won't let me use my PS3 as a blu-ray player

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
Bu bu bu WHAT ABOUT THE fukkING TROOPS!?!!?

Its sad you stans defend this crap. I FOR ONE AM SICK OF THE BULLshyt!

:umad::umad:

fukk is you so mad for, it's just video games bruh.

You cut your system off for two fukkin years, you eventually gonna need to update it especially when you try to put a newer blu-ray movie in. If he had bought a PS3 game, all PS3 discs have the latest firmware in it so people without internet can still play.

Hell if he really needs it, find an internet enabled PC and download the update to a USB stick, then install it to the PS3.

Once again, shyt ain't that damn serious.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
xbots should stick with dvd, they swore up and down blu-ray was a fad and would die out

To be fair, hd-dvd should have been the standard for hi-def movies given the sound quality and the fact that existing dvd manufacturers didn't have to change anything. Ps3 singlehandedly saved bluray and ms could have made hd-dvd a contender if it was more than an add on. but they were more concerned about profit as opposed to taking losses on the consoles. When I got my ps3 it was mainly for the bluray capability but it just so happened to be a damn good system too.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
To be fair, hd-dvd should have been the standard for hi-def movies given the sound quality and the fact that existing dvd manufacturers didn't have to change anything. Ps3 singlehandedly saved bluray and ms could have made hd-dvd a contender if it was more than an add on. but they were more concerned about profit as opposed to taking losses on the consoles.
hd-dvd was garbage and stood no real chance against blu-ray.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
hd-dvd was garbage and stood no real chance against blu-ray.
That's revisionist history and not true at all. A lot of the features blu ray has now, hd-dvd had from the beginning. Just didnt have the support that bluray had from sony. Let's not forget how hd-dvd had exclusive rights to transformers, the bourne series and the matrix. Badically hi def paramount and warner films. Ms dropped the ball because it didn't generate console profit. Sony had a much bigger stake in the success of blu-ray after the failure of umd's.

Last edited:

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Had my ps3 for about 5 or 6 years and I've never used the blue player.....shyt I wonder if it works

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
Hd-dvd was the shyt:takedat: I miss my Toshiba A2 Hd-dvd player. One lone company against a company that had a trojan horse!

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's revisionist history and not true at all. A lot of the features blu ray has now, hd-dvd had from the beginning. Just didnt have the support that bluray had from sony. Let's not forget how hd-dvd had exclusive rights to transformers, the bourne series and the matrix. Badically hi def paramount and warner films. Ms dropped the ball because it didn't generate console profit. Sony had a much bigger stake in the success of blu-ray after the failure of umd's.

revisionist history? you telling me hd-dvd should have won is revisionist history.

8aXIZ4x.gif

tell me in what area, hd-dvd was really winning :heh: b-but transformers :dead: fukk outta here, y'all say the same shyt about halo and gears of war