Sony are scumbags. They won't let me use my PS3 as a blu-ray player

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So after 2 years I dust off my PS3, pop in a Blu-ray disc. Then some message that I need to update my system to plat the disc pops up. What kind of fukk shyt is this?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
All Blu-ray players need to kept updated. Just update it & quit whining.
No they don't. A blu-ray player should always work. They are violating consumer rights by forcing consumers to find an Internet connection in order to use the device they paid for.

This is a travesty, a gross violation of consumer rights:troll:

Teal.

Solo Dolo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Notfit,GA
No they don't. A blu-ray player should always work. They are violating consumer rights by forcing consumers to find an Internet connection in order to use the device they paid for.

:ohhh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

the Playstation 3 isn't a Blu-Ray player its a game console that is able to play Blu-Rays. That feature doesn't define the device.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
it sure defined the first half of that console's life
not really in fact it was a dumb idea to buy a PS3 as a Blu-Ray player because the price on them fell pretty quick and if that's all you wanted it for just being patient would have got you better.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
the Playstation 3 isn't a Blu-Ray player its a game console that is able to play Blu-Rays. That feature doesn't define the device.

It doesn't define the device but it is listed as a capability of the device. People in Timbuktu don't have the Internet now they can't play blu-rays on their console:troll:

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
not really in fact it was a dumb idea to buy a PS3 as a Blu-Ray player because the price on them fell pretty quick and if that's all you wanted it for just being patient would have got you better.

none of that means it didn't happen

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
none of that means it didn't happen
it wasn't as wide spread as you'd like to make it sound. back then Blu-Rays were for tech enthusiast not the common man who didn't likely even own an HDTV early into the PS3's life. when HDTVs became common Blu-Ray players were more than cheap enough and there were actually enough movies to make the purchase worth having one.