Sony announces Vita TV

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Its a Vita box that plugs up to your TV. No Vita needed as it takes the games and memory cards in the unit and it extends your PS4 to another tv with remote play. $100.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I think its a dumb idea unless they can guarantee 100% compatibility for all vita games. Maybe they can get the PS4 controller to mimic the back touch screen of the vita, but the front touch screen is crucial to some games.

They better release a vita with TV Out, no idea wtf they are holding off on that.

Daps
Reppin
Dallas
looks dope, i have a backlog of vita titles i need to complete. (thanks psn plus)
remote play for ps4 is nice bonus

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I think its a dumb idea unless they can guarantee 100% compatibility for all vita games. Maybe they can get the PS4 controller to mimic the back touch screen of the vita, but the front touch screen is crucial to some games.
For $100 i can play my PS4 in my bedroom while its hooked up in the living room and play non-touch Vita games as well as PSP games with a dualshock. I'm sold. I already have a Vita for touch games this is a PS4 extender for me.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
For $100 i can play my PS4 in my bedroom while its hooked up in the living room and play non-touch Vita games as well as PSP games with a dualshock. I'm sold. I already have a Vita for touch games this is a PS4 extender for me.
That's a whole lot just to play console games.

Is the remote feature even that popular for the Wii U? I have no idea and hardly hear anyone talk about it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Dumb idea.

Most vita games are ps3/4 games that you can already play on your tv. Stripping the handheld/touchscreen nature of the games that aren't will be a downgrade for those games.

The remote play sounds cool, but are you really gonna put up with laggy controls in your own house, just so you don't have to move the ps4? And since the ps4 can't multitask what's the point of leaving your ps4 in a room where your not using it anyway?

Seems like Sony is just throwing shyt against the wall to see what sticks. They could have really doubled down on ps4/vita integration and made it worthwhile, but as it stands their strategy seems all over the place.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
That's a whole lot just to play console games.

Is the remote feature even that popular for the Wii U? I have no idea and hardly hear anyone talk about it.
People spend as much on an Apple TV to stream media to their TV and a Roku. This can do that and play Vita / PSP / PS1 games. The bad part aboit it is it fragments the market but then again the Vita market is non-existent. To me this is better than all those Android style home consoles.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Dumb idea.

Most vita games are ps3/4 games that you can already play on your tv. Stripping the handheld/touchscreen nature of the games that aren't will be a downgrade for those games.

The remote play sounds cool, but are you really gonna put up with laggy controls in your own house, just so you don't have to move the ps4? And since the ps4 can't multitask what's the point of leaving your ps4 in a room where your not using it anyway?

Seems like Sony is just throwing shyt against the wall to see what sticks. They could have really doubled down on ps4/vita integration and made it worthwhile, but as it stands their strategy seems all over the place.
You giving Sony any credit would be like a Republican saying Obama is a good president. Even if it wasn't dumb its Sony so what else could you say?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You giving Sony any credit would be like a Republican saying Obama is a good president. Even if it wasn't dumb its Sony so what else could you say?

He's completely become a Courtdog tool. Used to be a good poster, but not anymore.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

That's not true at all. I've had plenty of good things to say about Sony consoles, it's just that around here if you aren't praising them every step of the way you get labled as a bias fanboy.

I honestly mean it when I say Sony could have made something special with the ps4 vita integration. But as it stands it seems like they are just trying to check features off a list to say they have them.

The should have scrapped the camera all together and packaged the vita with every ps4. That would have given devs incentive to do some cool exclusive things with the hardware. Also if they were banking on remote play so hard, then they should have given the ps4 multitasking capabilities. That way someone could be watching Netflix while your using remote play. That would make the feature really worthwhile lag and all.

Like I said it seems they are just trying to check features off a list, instead of making a real cohesive playstaion experience that would set it apart from its competitors.