Something that's never talked about in the black community is middle class kids that

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Never amount to shyt.

I had a lot of dudes in my High school that came from two parent homes in good neighborhoods that started selling drugs, banging etc.

Same with the girl's so many of them got knocked up in high school

You got nikkas at college that walk around a acting tough, trying to fight at parties and shyt

We always harp on the hood nikkas that are doing bad, but it's a large percentage of non hood dudes that start doing dirt.

From what I seen rap music does a lot to influence these guys negatively

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
There was a shooting at my lil bro's high school, my parents' house costs half a mil

I remember I was playing ball at the park by them, and this dude got pissed and was like "you got guns we got guns too"... me and my lil bro still crack up about that shyt to this day

The great thing about thuggin is its an easy alternative. Why push to amount to something, when you can embrace a lifestyle that celebrates laziness and mediocrity? Couple that with the harsh economic realities kids are facing today, its simple physics.

But the OP makes a good point.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
what do you define as middle class though, there is difference between working middle class and white collar middle class

I'm talking about black kids that didn't grow up in the hood and had both their parents
Being middle class parents doesn't mean they are good at being parents :manny:

They might not be good parents, but there is overwhelming data that promotes the benefits of growing up in a two parent household

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I'm talking about black kids that didn't grow up in the hood and had both their parents

They might not be good parents, but there is overwhelming data that promotes the benefits of growing up in a two parent household

You falling for the same shyt black women fall for when they see a brotha with a white girl. That shyt immediately catches their eye and is logged into their memory so every one they see just reafirms to them that black guys are going for white chicks left and right when all the while they ignore the overwhelming majority of the black guys who walked past them with black women on their arms.

So for you when you see a black guy messing up and he has 2 parents and doesnt live in the hood you start questioning all those stories about how kids in 2 parent households in good neighborhoods are much better off. But then you ignore all the other kids who arent acting a fool. Go to an actual hood school then go to a black school in a better neighborhood, its fukkin night and day.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
when you associate being black with being hood this is what you get. Most major drug dealers have been middle class dudes. A lot of hood dudes don't have the smarts to really do it.

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
I saw a lot of this growing up in the burbs, and it always left me :beli:

A lot of cats grew out of it, and you can chalk it up to youth and being stupid, but there are cats that got stuck in those ways and it didn't make much sense to me.