Someone please explain the economics of mattress stores

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
mattresses and box springs are expensive and no one minus courtdog wants a horrible mattress

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Expound? :ohhh:

Everyone home I've ever been in has a mattress in it, so the economics of it isn't a mystery to me. Now how Arby's is staying open needs to be investigated. :mindblown:

LOL :pachaha: Someone should make a thread that list all the stores that been open for years, but we don't see too many customers in the stores.

Family Man

Banned
Daps
Out of all the types of businesses he could have opened, why did he choose a mattress store?

:laff:
That's the million dollar question. Real talk, I'm going to really ask him the next time I see him. All I know is that he raided his and his wife's 401k and squandered their retirement money. Did I mention that he has a daughter in college and another one that is about to start in a couple of years. Man that was the stupidest thing I've ever seen. We all tried to warn him but he still went ahead and did it. Admittedly I tried to be respectful in my warnings because I didn't want to say how much of a fukking idiot he was and how he's jeopardizing his family's future.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
I used to sell mattresses. Yeah it looks dead and a lot of times it is, but one sale can easily make you 500 bucks. The most money I've made in one day was 3 gs and I only had 4 customers...one of them was a 16,000 dollar sale that paid me 2 gs.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
Yeah, pretty much; I usually just chill at my desk and lurk the-coli. Some days no one comes in nor calls :yeshrug:

Damn breh I remember those days. Do you get a salary? I didn't, it was straight commission. The most I made in one year in the mattress racket was 72k.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
mattresses and box springs are expensive and no one minus courtdog wants a horrible mattress

Like they say, " you can't put a price on a good nights sleep"

Some people have been sleeping on shytty mattresses since their pre-teens and don't even know how :ahh: a new mattress is.

i remember when i thought i was winning, cause i copped a $150 futon and just put blankets on it and really thought that "sleep is just sleep"

dropped $600 on a decent mattress, and it was:wow:

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Craigslist took all their business :damn:

courtneyrollin.jpg

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps

You're talking about rent to own furniture, not shyt like a Bassett or Ashley store.

them fukkers are predatory lenders, the same reason you never see Rent-to-own furniture stores in nice areas is the same reason you only see check cashing spots in the hood.

noooooooooo not talking about rent to own, am talking regular ass "Furniture King etc" type of places

i used to work at a agency and used to write up checks for ppl to go cop there furniture there

playplayaj

Drumming genius
Daps
Reppin
757 VA
We just got like 3 new shopping centers in my town and each one got a mattress store:snoop: Aint nobody that got dayum sleepy. This is why unemployment is high
Comfortable ass mattress unappreciation