Some of the most popular Open world games barely even get completed.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
do they mean like literally getting every single extra side mission/achievement?

most normal people just complete the story mode... this stat is not impressive:unimpressed:

They are the completion rates for people who actually finished the game. So 66% of people actually finished spider-man (which is in the top percentile and its still a new game). Where as only 19.8% of people finished the last assassins creed

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not in the context that it was a negative thing lol

E8-C5-D4-C1-2-AA5-4394-B458-13-A772-E9-C85-C.jpg

If completion rate was any kind of barometer whether a game was good or bad or whether consumers actually cared about, then RDR2 would be one of the worst games of all time.
Who said it was negative... I don't finish all the games I play, but I also don't hype it up as a reason to get a system, pc, handheld, or console either.

Daps
3rd party multiplatform games are far lower, especially the game most of yall consider the GOTG, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Witcher 3. PlayStation 4 has the highest install base of any of the big 3, so of course theres a lot of a casuals who aren’t trying to play 30-50 hours of game.

Not on this chart but Skyrim is also only at a 28% completion rate

4-AFEF03-D-B610-4-F99-8-B1-F-65905-D325-FBA.jpg

Also, thats a really cool shot of spider-man

No surprise. Beat GOT but it wasn't nearly as long as Oblivion, Skyrim, Witcher 3 etc.

I put 200+ hours in those 3 but AC Valhalla might top those. I tend to try and collect every ounce of wealth possible so that stretches it out.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Fun Facts:mjlol:

163197507_10158568182206633_5745631999901032117_o.jpg

The most completed open world sony exclusive is a DLC expansion by a good bit:mjlol: Yall love Ghost and spiderman but only half the people who play it even finished them.

And Horizon :laff:their

All this "exclusive talk" and sony stans as a whole not even completing the games they have over half way... :mjlol:

I don't really see what all the faux chuckles are for here, along with the obligatory Sony slight, considering that their open world games are the more completed ones nonetheless, @Gizmo_Duck already posted a trophy-to-achievement breakdown of just how much more often Sony side completes their games opposed to Xbox and the more obvious factor of the "DLC expansion" being the most completed only makes more sense considering it's easily the shortest one by a large margin. Just proving day in and day out how Try Hards Xbots are about gaming except when for where it matters most, with actually playing games. Playstation gamers actually plays games. Xbots just play games.

Shame too, cuz for a half second, I thought this thread would've just been a decent discourse regarding open world gaming n shyt, but Sad Titan couldn't help himself. Ah well, least it's another good thread for @OnlyFrans to go ham in.:takedat::wow:

Last edited:

Canon

Veteran
Daps
:sas1:you cant even make a comparable list of open world xbox exclusive games

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Also, i don’t think playstation fans only brag about having the best “open world” games as much as they brag about having the best exclusives in general. That also includes TLOU2, GoW, Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, Infamous, Bloodborne and bunch of other games that have high completion rates.

The fact that Sony’s audience not only has the highest completion rates of their first part titles but open world games overall is almost the exact opposite of the point the OP tried to accomplish.

Commence with the oiled twerk gif

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah, I know right. Silly me, lol!

I would stop console warring tomorrow but i know titan and leasy and them ain’t never gonna stop so i just play into it. I just saw a thread from 2016 and nikkas was still in there warring about quantum break.

ALSO

Last edited: