Solo Is Set To Become The First Ever Bomb In Star Wars

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
“It’s not a flop! Don’t count Solo out yet! :whoa:

:camby: Solo’s run was short like leprechauns. I think Star Wars fatigue may be real.

Only Disney manage to make that happen. I bet you WB would have done better with Star Wars overall, IMO

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
100% Rian Johnson's fault this movie flopped so hard.

If TLJ didn't turn so many people off to Star Wars, Solo would have made a ton more money.

If TLJ was decent, not even good just decent and RJ just would have just took the easy layups JJ left him we wouldn't be having this conversation right now guaranteed.

Star Wars has NEVER had an issue with getting people in the theater. Regardless of whether the movies are good or bad getting people into the theater was the easy part.

Now that they can't even do that they have to start making GOOD movies and they don't have the best track record when it comes to that either.

Disney won't even have the opportunity to recover until AFTER ep9 because RJ's stink will be all over that movie too. The whole time watching it you'll be thinking to yourself "All this shyt is dumb and its only happening because RJ couldn't make a coherent story". It's basically gonna be a movie on clean up mode.

I have a pretty creative mind and I can't even think of a decent way to close out the trilogy at least not in one movie. I may be jumping the gun here and I know it's subjective but when its all said and done this trilogy will be ranked lower than the prequels by the majority.

You can't spin it any other way RJ has turned people off to the current iteration of SW.

It's a shame too because Solo was an decent movie which is considered good by SW standards but people just don't care anymore.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
This movie had flop written all over it

Regardless of how good the movie is

I don't get how these Execs don't have a feel for the pulse of the people with so much money on the line

When you have a winning formula you stick to it
Until you're forced to change.
No way should this have released in the summer

These mofos voluntarily go into left field then wonder why they're not successful

The only bad movies that didn't flop were Transformers and that's only because the new generation doesn't know any better

Bet money that Bumblebee movie tanks hard

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These movies suck cause Disney is so low on imagination that when they literally have a whole universe to work on, they decide to make movies a out the same damn ppl, in very similar situations.
They had the nerve to leak details on a Boba Fett movie the same day Solo releases....

Like what the hell are they thinking? :mindblown:

It's like they want this shyt to fail. Boba Fett?? Really??

At E3 they announced a new Star Wars game that was going to take place immediately after Episode 3 following a young Padawan during the aftermath of Order 66. I think its called The Fallen Order or something. THAT is a movie they should be making.

"The Fallen Order : A Star Wars Story" would make for a foundation of a great movie. shyt you could base a whole trilogy off of that time period and that event.

But nah we getting a Boba Fett movie:heh:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I actually liked this movie, much better than TLJ. Only issue with it is the actor who plays solo, which is a was a major mistake that alot of people might not be able to get past. But everything else about the movie was cool imo.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
No. It's the movie equivalent of an anime filler arc.
Yeah literally left me with nothing to look forward to in the next movie. None of the OG's left. No interesting mysteries/backstories to unveal. Nothing to craft a theory around,(notice most of these movie have a million theory videos after release like infinity does, not this one) not sure what direction they are headed and i don't think they are either.

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
100% Rian Johnson's fault this movie flopped so hard.

If TLJ didn't turn so many people off to Star Wars, Solo would have made a ton more money.

If TLJ was decent, not even good just decent and RJ just would have just took the easy layups JJ left him we wouldn't be having this conversation right now guaranteed.

Star Wars has NEVER had an issue with getting people in the theater. Regardless of whether the movies are good or bad getting people into the theater was the easy part.

Now that they can't even do that they have to start making GOOD movies and they don't have the best track record when it comes to that either.

Disney won't even have the opportunity to recover until AFTER ep9 because RJ's stink will be all over that movie too. The whole time watching it you'll be thinking to yourself "All this shyt is dumb and its only happening because RJ couldn't make a coherent story". It's basically gonna be a movie on clean up mode.

I have a pretty creative mind and I can't even think of a decent way to close out the trilogy at least not in one movie. I may be jumping the gun here and I know it's subjective but when its all said and done this trilogy will be ranked lower than the prequels by the majority.

You can't spin it any other way RJ has turned people off to the current iteration of SW.

It's a shame too because Solo was an decent movie which is considered good by SW standards but people just don't care anymore.

:manny:This. you cant just take a massive shyt in a bed, lie about it and say you didn't (even though everyone watched you do it), and then try and convince people to go lay in that same bed a day later. It doesnt matter if you change the sheets, no ones going to want to go near a bed that has just been shyt in.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I hope episode 9 suffers a similar fate, the would have to cancel Rian trilogy then and take note of the critiscm by the fans. KK was wasted all that good will that came with the reintroduction of Star Wars. Disney needs to course correct and get rid of KK and her feminist agenda.

Golden Child

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Can I watch this without any knowledge of Star Wars? Or is this some mcu shyt where you gotta watch all them to know what’s happening?

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
This movie had flop written all over it

Regardless of how good the movie is

I don't get how these Execs don't have a feel for the pulse of the people with so much money on the line

When you have a winning formula you stick to it
Until you're forced to change.
No way should this have released in the summer

These mofos voluntarily go into left field then wonder why they're not successful

The only bad movies that didn't flop were Transformers and that's only because the new generation doesn't know any better

Bet money that Bumblebee movie tanks hard
I actually could see bumblebee doing well. The budget is reportedly a lot smaller ($110 million I think I saw) and it looks like something fresh after so many bay films. The trailer has had a good reaction online.

I could see it doing $500-700 Million WW which with a much smaller budget is a win.