SOHH... What the hell was "Project Covo" all about anyway?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
1st page of "The Spot"...threads on Tribe, Self Scientific, Keith Murray, Pete Rock, Cappadonna, Rawkus :dead:

Part of me DOES miss that era tho. Thats when I first started on :hamster:...2001

Now we have threads on Macklemore, Wale, Kanye being a bytch and a stickied Beyonce thread :heh:

I still love this mafukka tho :wow:
Yeah, I am/is/was disappointed with TheColi for not going back to its ROOTS on that front.
When I first came here, I was vocal about it. Hoping they would "get it" or at least "get me" in terms of where I was coming from
I was bullshytting like I had an allegiance to sohh.com, but I figured most should know sohh ain't done nothing for me but shyt on a nikka. So I would be all for TheColi :manny:
But I thought it was people who thought like you. And I thought the new site would mirror that more than it did 2011 sohh.

Its actually the reason why I still wonder how this site will eventually turn out. At least I seen who is running this place via that DVD promo video. From what I seen, I still have faith the streetz will still be allowed.

Dem boyz ain't gotta like it but the hood gone love it is the mentality I hope they have. :whistle:

Apollo Kid

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Boom Bap Era
1st page of "The Spot"...threads on Tribe, Self Scientific, Keith Murray, Pete Rock, Cappadonna, Rawkus :dead:

Part of me DOES miss that era tho. Thats when I first started on :hamster:...2001

Now we have threads on Macklemore, Wale, Kanye being a bytch and a stickied Beyonce thread :heh:

I still love this mafukka tho :wow:

Haha i kinda miss those backpacker threads when i was really into that shyt but the fukkery torch has been passed and im :blessed: for The Coli

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Haha i kinda miss those backpacker threads when i was really into that shyt but the fukkery torch has been passed and im :blessed: for The Coli
You know what, you are sorta right.
But not absolutely correct either. So I got a good idea for this place
They need to have a new section for older heads. But not necessarily a "90's" or "old timers" section
Just a section where people who know hip-hop don't have to be bombarded with threads on bullshyt artist of today :ohhh:

That way, more intelligent discussions can be had in one section. And we can still peep the current section for all the new artist/etc.
Lets say an older artist came out with something new, instead of it not getting the attention it deserves, it has a chance now.
In the booth these days, a thread might stay on page 1 for 20min before its on pg.2

Would help bridge that gap :manny: (and should ultimately lead to more everything @bk )

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
How was it being "forced" on people tho. Like, I'm trying to understand the backlash?
Was there something sinister about it.. not my cup of tea, but why is the idea deemed demonic is what I am confused about.

And the stuff you said about thecoli... I never clicked on any of that stuff either :heh:
Just clicked on media.. saw all these I guess user smiley's or are they possible official ones?
that was off topic tho... On topic.. so because they OFFERED the dougie is why ppl are upset?
I dont' see how that is a reason... What the community at the time was saying was they was tired of sohh's servers. And some sohh members made this site, had better servers, had people running it that wasn't THE FEDZ basically. Some cool OG naggaz trying to rekindle what made SOHH great in the first place.

You guys are telling a very different story, one I had no knowledge of, and I been here/there the whole time
At least let me be a cockhold so I can be like.. in the know :damn:

It was just a new feature at the time most found corny :yeshrug:

Don't remember being upset, or any real backlash. Posters just clowned the poor attempt, starting with the name. Didn't change how you'd access the forum.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
It was just a new feature at the time most found corny :yeshrug:

Don't remember being upset, or any real backlash. Posters just clowned the poor attempt, starting with the name. Didn't change how you'd access the forum.
Gotcha... the way yall was talking about it, I thought THAT was the reason why ppl left :manny:
Now, are you saying that "the dougie" was Projectcovo. Like, what the hell was the project?
The dougie? What did covo mean? Do any former mods of sohh know stuff the rest of us don't?
I'd ask @ExodusNirvana but he was a company man. He's like Donovan McNabb without an RG3 to make him relevant again
@puppetmaster should know something. Or whoever else was a mod, speak on this please.
I always wondered wtf was really going on...

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Gotcha... the way yall was talking about it, I thought THAT was the reason why ppl left :manny:
Now, are you saying that "the dougie" was Projectcovo. Like, what the hell was the project?
The dougie? What did covo mean? Do any former mods of sohh know stuff the rest of us don't?
I'd ask @ExodusNirvana but he was a company man. He's like Donovan McNabb without an RG3 to make him relevant again
@puppetmaster should know something. Or whoever else was a mod, speak on this please.
I always wondered wtf was really going on...

the Dougie was meant to be a social media facebook type of attempt to modernize I guess. the name Covo was basically a play on "Covert" after that one incident with that one site

-P-

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Apollo Kid

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Boom Bap Era
You know what, you are sorta right.
But not absolutely correct either. So I got a good idea for this place
They need to have a new section for older heads. But not necessarily a "90's" or "old timers" section
Just a section where people who know hip-hop don't have to be bombarded with threads on bullshyt artist of today :ohhh:

That way, more intelligent discussions can be had in one section. And we can still peep the current section for all the new artist/etc.
Lets say an older artist came out with something new, instead of it not getting the attention it deserves, it has a chance now.
In the booth these days, a thread might stay on page 1 for 20min before its on pg.2

Would help bridge that gap :manny: (and should ultimately lead to more everything @bk )

Yeah that Veteran Affairs sub forum at The Spot was :patrice: but i don't mind digging through the Booth for the stuff i check for :manny:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
the Dougie was meant to be a social media facebook type of attempt to modernize I guess. the name Covo was basically a play on "Covert" after that one incident with that one site

-P-
Hmmm, well after you explained it, I sort of can dig the name now :heh:
But I wasn't feeling it at all. And the entire site combined with the new name made it feel like a different entity took over the site. Felt more like Project Witness Protection except nobody knew who they was really protecting?
Without knowing anything, it felt like they wanted to keep tabs on US instead of "them"
Am I somewhat right about that?
Yeah that Veteran Affairs sub forum at The Spot was :patrice: but i don't mind digging through the Booth for the stuff i check for :manny:
Oh, so they actually tried my idea :gladbron:
Well, like "projectcovo" its all about the execution. If a new Nas mixtape/etc dropped. It would get talked about, then you will read post after post about how he sucks, and childish Gambino is better
I'm just trying to avoid that.

I'm still hip enough to appreciate new music, but I'm seriously getting tired of all this repetitive bs.
From style, cadences, beats. Even that new Beyonce song with Jayz on it. He rapping like them :why:

Apollo Kid

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Boom Bap Era
Oh, so they actually tried my idea :gladbron:
Well, like "projectcovo" its all about the execution. If a new Nas mixtape/etc dropped. It would get talked about, then you will read post after post about how he sucks, and childish Gambino is better
I'm just trying to avoid that.

I'm still hip enough to appreciate new music, but I'm seriously getting tired of all this repetitive bs.
From style, cadences, beats. Even that new Beyonce song with Jayz on it. He rapping like them :why:
A :flabbynsick: dude like myself who's an old school/90's dude just can't be in there that much but the Arcadium and Coliseum hold me down :salute: