SOHH... What the hell was "Project Covo" all about anyway?

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
The people who ran SOHH always saw the forums as a liability. Ya'll nikkas don't click on ads. The demographic the site attracts (young and black) is useless to most advertisers because that kind of traffic never converts into sales. The forum barely paid for itself.

SOHH.com was the bread and butter. So they took the forums and spun it off into it's own entity. That way if it was to ever be brought down again SOHH.com wouldn't be affected in any way.

They fukked up. Period.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
I could never sh1t on SOHH. Introduced me to the forum concept & just tons of new perspectives of music from all over the world. most important a lot of different new artist I got to kno before they ever hit radio, bet&mtv. Is because of SOHH. It's kinda sad how it ended over there. But SOHH will have a place in my hiphop history book :yeshrug:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
it was some piece of crap social media, where they wnated you to sign up and have "friends"

basically the owners buzz media or whatever, i guess were trying to make a "urban" myspace/;facebook or whatever but it was wack

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
The people who ran SOHH always saw the forums as a liability. Ya'll nikkas don't click on ads. The demographic the site attracts (young and black) is useless to most advertisers because that kind of traffic never converts into sales. The forum barely paid for itself.

SOHH.com was the bread and butter. So they took the forums and spun it off into it's own entity. That way if it was to ever be brought down again SOHH.com wouldn't be affected in any way.

They fukked up. Period.
Black people on SOHH :heh:

irishfury

Get Money Gang
Daps

They fukked up. Period.

Forum traffic is easy to convert. You just have to use shyt like amazon. You get alot of your membership buying through amazon thru you and you make bank.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
sohh sold the forums to them hoping we all would sign up to the dougie and jumpstart their social media site
Is this the truest shyt I ever quote?
whatever it was it failed.
the Dougie was a fukking joke that nobody jumped on...some social media joint.

bottom line is that the servers were garbage.
you can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig.

R.I.P. SOHH

LONG LIVE THE COLI!!!
Shots fired, PSN :wow:

They fukked up. Period.
Sohh fukked up way before then. I wonder how many even know the meaning of the word SOHH?
It had more than a spark when it started, and it grew into what it was destined to turn into
BUT, at the end of the day. Too many fake ass pplz called the shots.
Tends to be inevitable on most web sites over time.... shots fired :birdman:
:yeshrug:
Forum traffic is easy to convert. You just have to use shyt like amazon. You get alot of your membership buying through amazon thru you and you make bank.
Shots fired? :lolbron:

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
Anon/4**** aka the Internet godz

Put Sohh in the dirt.

They came back with project covo & The dougie

I visited the do-do twice.

Yall ain't missed shyt..(pun intended)

Sohh was untouchable before the Alias wars ended with the death of all aliases

Also..we lost a few great posters

Victorian Thug