Sohh now that Mass Effect is dead......

Who will make the next big sci-fi rpg???

• Ubisoft

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Square Enix

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Bethesda

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • CD Projekt

Votes: 22 61.1%
  • Rockstar

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • someone else?

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
CDPR easily. Anthem is just Andromeda 2.0 so nothing to see there.

But a truly cyberpunk game fleshed out with what I'm assuming is 30+ hours of content? I already love the Deus Ex series, so I can't wait.
No, Andromeda was produced by a completely different development team and built from the ground up which is why it didn't "feel" like the original trilogy.

Anthem is being designed and produced by the original development team of the first trilogy.

Also, the reason why Anthem flopped because the main lead designer died right in the middle of production on top of that EA made them update and change their development techniques which took too much time out of finishing the final product which accounts for all of the bugs still being there.

If anything this will be a true IP being developed. I don't think EA will let Bioware flop this time around.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
But, microtransactions have been in literally every single video game since 2006... it is called DLC.

Not pervasive EA-style game-play affecting micro-transactions.

DLC in the context you are bringing it up in is NOT a micro-transaction. Its literally additional game content, more story, more levels, etc. You were literally getting more game. A Micro-transaction is shyt like skins, weapons, avatars, sprays, emotes and the sort. Stuff that usually costs less than $5 individually or cents on the dollar.

But perhaps I wasn't clear...this game will have LOOT BOXES. Which is more pervasive and shady than a regular micro-trans because is just RNG. Back in the PS3 days, usually you had a dlc weapon or skin and you went and bought it and that's what you got. With a loot box you can spend potentially hundreds of dollars and NEVER get the item you desired.

From a financial standpoint it makes total sense to have them too, you monetize your game for years after release with items that usually require little to no man power to make. The return on investment on micro-transactions/loot boxes is insane. EA did start this trend with Mass Effect 3 really, with loot boxes affecting game play. But the only reason why that was acceptable was because it was PVE, and your team-mates actually liked when someone was over geared. When it becomes PVP, which Anthem will more than likely have some element of, it becomes an unfair advantage and ruins the gameplay environment. See BF2.

I have no hope for this game. EA has left such a bad taste in people's mouth's I don't think they can recover if any sort of loot box system is in the game.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Not pervasive EA-style game-play affecting micro-transactions.

DLC in the context you are bringing it up in is NOT a micro-transaction. Its literally additional game content, more story, more levels, etc. You were literally getting more game. A Micro-transaction is shyt like skins, weapons, avatars, sprays, emotes and the sort. Stuff that usually costs less than $5 individually or cents on the dollar.

But perhaps I wasn't clear...this game will have LOOT BOXES. Which is more pervasive and shady than a regular micro-trans because is just RNG. Back in the PS3 days, usually you had a dlc weapon or skin and you went and bought it and that's what you got. With a loot box you can spend potentially hundreds of dollars and NEVER get the item you desired.

From a financial standpoint it makes total sense to have them too, you monetize your game for years after release with items that usually require little to no man power to make. The return on investment on micro-transactions/loot boxes is insane. EA did start this trend with Mass Effect 3 really, with loot boxes affecting game play. But the only reason why that was acceptable was because it was PVE, and your team-mates actually liked when someone was over geared. When it becomes PVP, which Anthem will more than likely have some element of, it becomes an unfair advantage and ruins the gameplay environment. See BF2.

I have no hope for this game. EA has left such a bad taste in people's mouth's I don't think they can recover if any sort of loot box system is in the game.
I feel you and agree 100% with the way you put it.

Also, I believe it started with FIFA actually.

Loot boxes are an insane practice (how is that not even illegal lol it's nothing more than fake gambling -- which is fraud). But, you can't really be angry at a company for figuring out a new way to squeeze more money from it's customers.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Oh, so it's one of those conceptual art trailers that gullible people confuse with the game. They know showing pretty animated pictures will let peoples imagination run riot and cause them to exceed expectations before buying the game.

For that cheap marketing ploy I'm already calling "bullshyt".

Oh, and the Witcher 3 is complete and utter poppycock. I've never heard of that developer they are just a one trick pony.

I bet it will be just nothing more than the Witcher 3.5 with new character model skins and a brand new plot like what Activision does with CoD by literally using recycled assets.

If they do not show the gameplay whether miniscule or not in its final stages then you know the game ain't gonna be shyt.

You lot almost had my hopes up there.

:patrice:

Not sure what you're talking about breh. That trailer is from 2013, it was just for an announcement of the game. So far no game play footage has been shown. Which is exactly what they did with "The Witcher 3".

And :manny: if you don't like "TW3" cool, but when your one trick pony is one of the most critically acclaimed games of all time then I'm not sure why you'd compare them to Activision. They are the polar opposite of Activision.

Fred.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
:patrice:

Not sure what you're talking about breh. That trailer is from 2013, it was just for an announcement of the game. So far no game play footage has been shown. Which is exactly what they did with "The Witcher 3".

And :manny: if you don't like "TW3" cool, but when your one trick pony is one of the most critically acclaimed games of all time then I'm not sure why you'd compare them to Activision. They are the polar opposite of Activision.

Fred.
They keep making a new iteration of the same game. Apart from the visual graphics overhaul and the new engine what have they done different than the core gameplay of the previous Witcher games.

I'm not singling out who made the Witcher but most dev's a culpable of this, they're called a 'cash cow'.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They keep making a new iteration of the same game. Apart from the visual graphics overhaul and the new engine what have they done different than the core gameplay of the previous Witcher games.

I'm not singling out who made the Witcher but most dev's a culpable of this, they're called a 'cash cow'.

It's a trilogy breh, why would each game play vastly different from the last? It was always planned as a trilogy.

And the first game's combat is nothing like the 2nd or 3rd game. So I'm not sure what you mean. The first game's combat is damn near QTE.

Now, if "Cyberpunk 2077" comes out and plays exactly like "The Witcher 3" then ok, I see your point. But they've only done 3 games and that three was a connected trilogy.

Fred.