Software Development and Programming Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Took 2 days to upgrade our code base to visual studio 2015 Enterprise. But it was worth it just to use Codebreaker and Perftips( you'd be surprised how many programmers do not care about performance and profiling their code ).

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
So I see nobody's stepped up to the plate to organize that open source video game venture we said we were going to do - should I start PMing ppl and setting things up?

I'm still up for it. I actually have more free time now since I dropped my art class( straight boring ).

I think the problem is, people want to use different languages( which is understandable ).

Daps
I'm still up for it. I actually have more free time now since I dropped my art class( straight boring ).

I think the problem is, people want to use different languages( which is understandable ).

If we are using Unity we are pretty muched locked in to C# (and Python I think) though. It's not really going to work out if everyone is out doing their own thing in whatever language they like.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
If we are using Unity we are pretty muched locked in to C# (and Python I think) though. It's not really going to work out if everyone is out doing their own thing in whatever language they like.

Cool. I was thinking about doing a First person shooter now. I feel it's better to start from scratch than use one of Unity Assets.

If everybody is cool with that, I have a good tutorial from Unity website( very basic ) I can post later.

Daps
Cool. I was thinking about doing a First person shooter now. I feel it's better to start from scratch than use one of Unity Assets.

If everybody is cool with that, I have a good tutorial from Unity website( very basic ) I can post later.

Post it bruh. A coli fps would be cool. It would have all sorts of easter eggs in there ...

Daps
For a little bit of motivation. This guy has been working on this game for 5 years SOLO. Everything was done by him.

Steam Greenlight :: No Heroes

yea a lot of ppl underestimate how long good games can take to create, especially if it's just a side thing and you are not dedicating a huge amount of time to it. another good example is the dude who created Axiom Verge (Axiom Verge on Steam). took him 5 years. but the most impressive thing to me is he created the sprites, music, programmed everything, did it all. i can code but on the artistic side i'm not so skilled so it's always been an issue anytime i've started on a project.

Daps