Soccer enthusiasts, lemme holla at yall for a second...

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
wiki cant give a soccer fans' perspective, which is what I wanted.

I really can't think of a sport that has more variation from team to team in regards to player positions and their roles. It's not like football or basketball where the role defines the player like PG and CB and all that.

The best way to make headway as far as tactical awareness is to follow whatever team you choose to follow and understand how they work.

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
What's a respectable EPL team to start following which:

1. Isn't too much of gloryhunting bandwagon choice (ie Man U)
2. Isn't completely terrible and/or play a boring style
3. Doesn't have a shytty fanbase

Tbh, all the top established teams have bandwagoners. Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Liverpool.

If you want a top team that doesn't have alot of bandwagoners its champs Man City. However, they're like Yankees now, since they could buy anyone. Plus, their style tends to get boring.

Another one good choice is Spurs.

Edit Gliver pointed out Newcastle.

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
If you get Fox Soccer Channel, watch it once a while they show replays of matches this past season basically everyday until the new season starts. That would be your main channel for the Premier League and Champions League.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
If any new viewer in any doubt as to which league to watch, just have a look

Sky Sports Montages :bow:

Last edited by a moderator:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The best way to make headway as far as tactical awareness is to follow whatever team you choose to follow and understand how they work.

this is a really good point. You follow your squad enough and you pick up on player positions, formations and eventually you can spot your team's strength and where they are weak. That can serve as the template for watching other teams as well.

A good premiership team to follow, outside of the major ones, is probably Fulham. Always stay in the league, play good football, got a fun crowd too.

L.S.

Unregistered User
Daps
Reppin
My City
I wouldn't just pick a team to start rooting for out of the blue. That kind of shyt has to be built up over time to me. Don't force it :ahh:
Just start watching the games & after a while, you never know, something might click :yeshrug:

The European Championships begin this Friday & will be a great starting point. The games will be everywhere & really easy to stay caught up on, you'll see some of the world's best players & this site's thread will have thousands of posts in it by the time it's over, making it even more fun to follow along.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
I wouldn't just pick a team to start rooting for out of the blue. That kind of shyt has to be built up over time to me. Don't force it :ahh:
Just start watching the games & after a while, you never know, something might click :yeshrug:

The European Championships begin this Friday & will be a great starting point. The games will be everywhere & really easy to stay caught up on, you'll see some of the world's best players & this site's thread will have thousands of posts in it by the time it's over, making it even more fun to follow along.

878757_o.gif
:smugfavre:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Start with the MLS brotha.. start from home base first. Plus outside of the Euro '12 its the only league goin' on right now.:manny: the leagues in Europe, EPL, La Liga, Seria A, etc) start back up in August.

-start with the MLS

edit- also if you got a game console, get used copy of FIFA.. that's what got me into the game

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
What's a respectable EPL team to start following which:

1. Isn't too much of gloryhunting bandwagon choice (ie Man U)
2. Isn't completely terrible and/or play a boring style
3. Doesn't have a shytty fanbase

Man city or smellsea. You'll end up with either one of these teams I bet