So which Eastern Team would The Cavs least want to see in the Playoffs?

Who would scare the Cavs the most?

• Celtics

Votes: 28 40.0%
  • Wizards

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • Raptors

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Heat

Votes: 13 18.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
I think the (healthy) Raps and Celts present a couple matchup problems, they both have their own "stoppers" (Bradley, Tucker, Ibaka, Crowder, Smart) who might be able to limit the big 3's production. The Celts have paint pounders though and Cavs 1 weakness is rim protection so I can see them going 6 with the Celts if the Celts exploit and gameplan around Bron Ky and Kev. But Celts still got too many holes, Raps are more complete (with Lowry). I hope the 2 teams play each other because that'd be the first interesting Eastern conference matchup in forever
no they dont
all their big men love to shoot 3s. all their wings love to shoot 3s.
their best slasher is 5'8...and that will get nullified in a half court game... he also wont get them ticky tack bullshyt calls he thrives on in the playoffs
i dont see it going longer than 5 games to be absolutely honest.

Last edited:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
The only reason I'd look at Boston as a threat is because of Bradley on Kyrie, the Celtics will take the hit and hide Thomas on Shumpert/Korver/Smith as long as they can throw Bradley on Kyrie to try and nullify him.

The bigger issue will be when you take the ball and the game out of Thomas hands,how are they going to beat you ?
hes the only guy capable of beating you and its going to be easier to take him out the game in the playoffs.

This is why they needed to get a legit No 2 to rock with him...

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
just washington..all other teams have exploits..

boston.. you just gotta shoot over IT...with JR back.. no hiding him..

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

If JR shoots in the playoffs like he has in the regular season, then yeah you absolutely will be able to hide Isaiah

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Exactly, Boston doesn't rebound and they have a midget for a point guard that everyone on the Cavs could shoot over like he's a chair.

Coaching solves some things but Kevin Love and TT would eat real good.

I want to avoid the Celtics in the playoffs because itll be another fake coming out party for Valanciunas,boy gonna average 15 boards in that series and it will force Masai to re-think getting rid of him again...

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
no no... were talking about shooting over a 5'9 dude....

3 points...lobs and 3's all day

He's shooting 32% on the season. Seems like he's been off whether he's open, or being guarded by someone 5'9 or 6'9

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Disagree. The Cavs will beat the hell out of IT and after him there isn't a consistent enough secondary offensive threat on the team to keep up. I think the Cavs have major matchup advantages against the Celts, and less so against the Raptors (healthy Lowry) and Wizards.

What matchup advantages do the Cavs have besides Lebron?

Gil Scott-Heroin

āœŠšŸæ
Daps

And the Wizards don't? :dwillhuh:

The answer is a healthy Raptors squad: arguably the best backcourt in the East, top-5 offense/top-5 defense, multiple defenders to throw at Bron, great blend of youth/vets/players in prime and at peak, and a strong second unit. Their only notable weakness is 3-pt shooting.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I gotta go with the Wizards. We've already seen what the Cavs can do to the Raptors, hell the Raptors in the playoffs in general have been underwhelming, Ibaka isn't enough reason for me to believe it'll be any different. A Wizards squad playing to their potential can give them fits everywhere. Morris can do damage, Porter is like the most efficient player in the league, Beal can drop 30 on a dime and Wall is the facilitator and glue. Ya'll also forget with Bogdonaswish and Jason Smith and Josh Smith and Jennings off the bench the Wizards will kill them when Lebron isn't on the floor. That's really when the Cavs lose games, LeBron goes to the bench and all hell breaks loose. The main issue will be defending LeBron.

The Celtics don't have enough firepower