So where are the exclusives: PS Now officially launched on PC!!!

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
It's a "See we are open to putting PS4 games on PS Now"

*puts PS4 remasters of PS3 games and a shytty launch exclusive up*
some of those games already on PC. I don't need psnow to play Broke Age

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
I haven't kept up with the specifics and the launch details so do you mean it's PlayStation's answer to Steam??

My first thought is that this doesn't sound like a good investment to me. But, I guess basic technological logic is out of the window as people would want to play a choppy live stream of a game in low quality.

How can you effectively stream games that are not natively run on a local rig as the digital signal gets greatly diminished if the data has to travel for more than 15 metres.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
whats the controller situation with this
You can use console controllers on PC, been that way since the Xbox360,ps3,Wii came out...
I haven't kept up with the specifics and the launch details so do you mean it's PlayStation's answer to Steam??

My first thought is that this doesn't sound like a good investment to me. But, I guess basic technological logic is out of the window as people would want to play a choppy live stream of a game in low quality.

How can you effectively stream games that are not natively run on a local rig as the digital signal gets greatly diminished if the data has to travel for more than 15 metres.
1.) You download the game on a rental

2.) They do have a service where you can stream from your ps4 to your vita. It never worked, but I do recall people on this site lying about how they was gaming on a beach :mjlol:

Jimmy Two-Times™

Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
You can use console controllers on PC, been that way since the Xbox360,ps3,Wii came out...

2.) They do have a service where you can stream from your ps4 to your vita. It never worked, but I do recall people on this site lying about how they was gaming on a beach :mjlol:
Okay, so it's just literally PlayStation's version of Steam for PC?

If that's the answer, then my PC that I built in 2012 is even more powerful than a PS4 Pro, so I can play Horizon and the new God of War reboot on my PC, so then wouldn't that be counter-intuitive as it's eating away at their console sales??

Will it be every newly released PS4 and PS3 game or just select shyt.

Then what's to stop known game hackers from removing the DRM protection. This doesn't sound like a good idea on $ony's part. I see this as something that will make them lose money in the long run and take away from console sales.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Okay, so it's just literally PlayStation's version of Steam for PC?

If that's the answer, then my PC that I built in 2012 is even more powerful than a PS4 Pro, so I can play Horizon and the new God of War reboot on my PC, so then wouldn't that be counter-intuitive as it's eating away at their console sales??

Will it be every newly released PS4 and PS3 game or just select shyt.

Then what's to stop known game hackers from removing the DRM protection. This doesn't sound like a good idea on $ony's part. I see this as something that will make them lose money in the long run and take away from console sales.
Breh u confused from that fool.

PS Now is a streaming games service thats on PS4 and now on PC.

It's not a store, it's not a "answer to steam" it's just a streaming program. You don't "run" anything on your PC besides the application. There is no "God of War 3 Remastered.exe" that'll be executed with PC options being available.

It's not going to have obviously "new" games on there as evident by what's on their now: PS3 remasters and like 1~3 old ass launch PS4 games. If the case is that an Uncharted gets on there years later, it'll still be inferior as it's not locally run and subject to the limitations from streaming.

Last edited:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
I've only had my quad since February, yet I've feasted on 4 exclusives(Horizon; Ratchet &a Clank, infamous, Tearaway). :banderas:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

It's not a store, it's not a "answer to steam" it's just a streaming program. You don't "run" anything on your PC besides the application. There is no "God of War 3 Remastered.exe" that'll be executed with PC options being available.

It's not going to have obviously "new" games on there as evident by what's on their now: PS3 remasters and like 1~3 old ass launch PS4 games. If the case is that an Uncharted gets on there years later, it'll still be inferior as it's not locally run and subject to the limitations from streaming.
Peep the first line he wrote.

Then when you read the rest you see nothing but fanboy whimper :mjlol:

First you all for ps now, you want me to link you to it :popcorn:
Now because of a console war, you praised it, but this makes titles "multiplat" aka not exclusive. So now because of that fact you write "And only 3-4 launch ps4 titles and anything that does come will be inferior :sadbron: PLEASE STILL BUY A PLAYSTATION :damn:

You said all that like if new games won't drop? And uncharted collection will be next on there, stop it. Doesn't matter since nobody plays uncharted on Sony anyway.

The service won't last if they don't add more recent titles and you know this so cut the bullshyt :camby:

Jimmy Two-Times™

Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!

But a PS Now tutorial of someone playing God of War III with an Xbox 360 wired controller I just watched stated that the games are saved onto the cloud. So do you get the option to save it natively to our PC too as it seems it's just a gaming version of Netflix.

So how can you even achieve true full 1080p let alone 4K gaming if it's streaming at 5mbps? It's different when playing multiplayer online as the games are processed natively on a console/PC and the data that is being streamed is the data from the opponent's controller not the entire game lol. To me it seems flawed with false marketing.

1. It's $12.99 a month
  2. Has noticeable input lag so playing games like Street Fighter or FIFA is not gonna happen. Imagine playing FIFA online with Internet lag coupled with streaming lag and on top of that controller lag lol :russ::picard:
  3. Saving $12.99 for 2 years you could just buy a PS4 Pro and PS3 Slim second hand and get the physical copies of the game dirt cheap. Most AAA games after the initial year of release cost no more than $5-$10 and you get to keep them forever with no additional monthly costs.
It does seem like a good idea but just giving it some simple, logical thought it is costly and it can't possibly function as well as it claims because the technology just isn't possible yet.

The fact that data gets degraded after travelling 15 metres in a huge indicator, it's okay for basic video and audio because they don't require much bandwidth to stream but a video game that needs heavy processing and the horse power to do it cannot be done.

I think this service is for people who don't give a fukk about quality and just wanna play some games quickly to pass the time instead of enjoying them. I guess it's aimed for the same market as Spotify or Apple Music who are willing to give their money away for old ass albums that would cost less than $1 in CD form.

PS Now does look interesting from the jump, but I won't buy into the hype. It looks like it's still in it's beta development phase.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Peep the first line he wrote.

Then when you read the rest you see nothing but fanboy whimper :mjlol:

First you all for ps now, you want me to link you to it :popcorn:
Now because of a console war, you praised it, but this makes titles "multiplat" aka not exclusive. So now because of that fact you write "And only 3-4 launch ps4 titles and anything that does come will be inferior :sadbron: PLEASE STILL BUY A PLAYSTATION :damn:

You said all that like if new games won't drop? And uncharted collection will be next on there, stop it. Doesn't matter since nobody plays uncharted on Sony anyway.

The service won't last if they don't add more recent titles and you know this so cut the bullshyt :camby:
typical carnival of stupid post by yours truly I see.

Typical run around the world with something completely irrelevant to the message you quoted.

If getting hype at the potential to stream a PS3 remastered collection through a PC YEARS later is your thing knock yourself out.