So we gonna ignore Royce White holding out?

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This rook demanding taking his own bus to drivable games due to his anxiety. He didn't show up for training camp.

Royce White talks with ESPN.com's Myron Medcalf about his decision to miss the start of the Houston Rockets' training camp while he tries to work out a deal that would allow him to travel to some games by bus.

Before he's willing to start training camp, Houston Rockets rookie Royce White wants the team's permission to travel to some games by private bus, the former Iowa State star told ESPN.com on Wednesday night.

White's fear of flying, he said, magnifies his anxiety disorder. So he's asked the Rockets to let him use a bus for some of the team's extensive road trips. White said he's willing to purchase the bus and assume liability.

White Busing to games, he said, is a vital component in the treatment of his anxiety.

White, who missed the team's media day on Monday and the start of training camp in McAllen, Texas, on Tuesday, said he hopes to reach an agreement with the team soon. He said he expects to join his teammates within "a week," if talks with the Rockets continue to progress.

"What it's going to look like is every game that's drivable, I'm going to get a bus for myself," White said. "And I'm going to make that bus feel like home so that there's a level of consistency in a job where inconsistency is very apparent because of the schedule. I'm going to try and level that out and make sure that my stress levels stay low and that my rest is regular and that my meals are regular and that as much as I can, draw consistency from a very inconsistent schedule. ...

"People with mental illness, one of the most important things is that they have that consistency and routine. The girth of (my request) was, 'Can I travel by bus to close enough games?' "

[ESPN] The Royce White Situation Revealed... - ClutchFans

Wasted draft pick

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yup but Houston knew this prior. Dude is a rookie who hasn't proven nothing acting like he's like John madden, private bus :childplease:,

Your more likely to die in a bus Than in a plane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk breh!

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
i dont have anxiety like royce does. but i believe the rockets have the medical personnel to fix him. catching the bus is a bad idea because it doesnt fix his issue. royce needs to face this head on. also catching the bus by yourself, you cant bond with teammates and build chemistry

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They knew before they drafted him :manny: it's they fault if they didn't have precautions. I have a feeling they took the anxiety shyt lightly and expected him to just "man up". Which is an embarrassing stance from an organization.

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
This is why he was a big risk.....there was a lot of "I'm over that; I'm better now; etc" talk around draft time, but I think this is (unfortunately) his reality. I think he's got the skill to be a very good player, but his mental handicap may prevent him from ever really getting the chance.

Dak Pickscott

Shout out to Dallas my bih is a star
Daps
i dont have anxiety like royce does. but i believe the rockets have the medical personnel to fix him. catching the bus is a bad idea because it doesnt fix his issue. royce needs to face this head on. also catching the bus by yourself, you cant bond with teammates and build chemistry
did you have it previously?

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
This is why he was a big risk.....there was a lot of "I'm over that; I'm better now; etc" talk around draft time, but I think this is (unfortunately) his reality. I think he's got the skill to be a very good player, but his mental handicap may prevent him from ever really getting the chance.

They took him for 3 reasons:

1. he speaks so well. Seriously, people were fapping to how eloquent he sounded at the combine

2. he loves him some John Lennon

3. McHale. Him and Hoiberg are Country Club members, so he got the word from Fred and did him a favor. Besides, Mac probably sees Royce as PG of the future

The truth is that on and off the court, Royce has to be built around in order to get the most out of him. Even if he was placated, remember, he's from Minneapolis. He went to school at Minnesota and you know what happened? He fukked it up by being an idiot, so really you can't guarantee that shyt goes well even if you gave him a mansion on wheels.