So We Gon Act Like Frank Ocean Aint About To Drop ..

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Classic Material..

Bi(:sadcam:) or not this nikka album reviews is sounding :wow:

It sets Prince-, Stevie Wonder- and Michael Jackson-styled melodies in soundbeds that recall Kanye, Jay-Z and Flying Lotus, but which streak past them in the post-modernism race

Oh No They Didn't! - Frank Ocean's "Channel Orange": 'Track by Track Review'

LP: Frank Ocean – channel ORANGE (Playback Review) « PinBoard

http://now-here-this.timeout.com/2012/07/04/review-channel-orange-by-frank-ocean/

Frank Ocean Previews 'Channel Orange' Album, Reveals Andre 3000 Feature on 'Pink Matter' - The Boombox

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
'Forrest Gump'

It's hard to know what to make of 'Forrest Gump'. Presenting Ocean's memories of a boy he once knew, with sweetly strummed guitar and skipping rope lilt shunted against Ocean's desirous vocals the impression you get is of adolescent love and, well, of chances missed. There's a homoerotic undertone to lyrics like "Forest, I'm nervous" or "You're running on my mind boy," while smuggled in between references to the titular simpleton there's something remarkably sexual about the line "my fingertips and my lips are burning, on this cigarette" That said: "You're so buff and strong" suggests a bit of tongue-in-cheek prank-playing. We'll never know. In the coda Ocean whistles cutely as he retreats into the sunset, secrets safely stored.

Read more at ONTD: Oh No They Didn't! - Frank Ocean's "Channel Orange": 'Track by Track Review'

:beli: