So We All Agree The Following Players Will Never Be shyt?

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thread title can be misconstrued. when u say aint shyt....that really doesnt apply to the guys on that list. most of them have had some sort of success albeit limited. you have ROY's, MIP, and All Stars on that list. that doesnt classify as aint shyt. Darko is an example of somebody who aint shyt. Adam Morrison, Wesley Johnson, Hasheem Thabeet, now they aint shyt! if you want to say players who wont live up to their expectations...thats different. You can add guys from the 2010 class alone like Aminu, Udoh, Henry. As a stretch you could say guys like Mayo and Gay. Very good players but still not what people thought they would be.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
  • Tyreke Evans
  • Danny Granger
  • JJ Hickson
  • Emeka Okafor
  • Travis Outlaw
  • Michael Beasley
  • Andrea Barngani
  • Marvin Williams
  • Devin Harris
  • Derrick Williams
  • Andrew Bynum
All drafted high, touted as an upcoming breakout star or otherwise had people cysed before ultimately revealing that they really aint about shyt.

Disagree? :childplease: Add on? :lupe:
I had high hopes for Okafor and Beasley. I bailed on Beasley early and cut my losses. I still wish Riley would get Okafor but apparently the fukka cant stay healthy
Add Brandon Jennings
I still have hope.

I always rooted for him because he went overseas rather than go the NCAA route. I wish more players would do this

Michael Beasley could still be something
:childplease:
I'm a Heat fan and I gave up on him midway through his second year. Dont get me wrong since he's on my squad I hope he does well but I'm not counting on it. I still question the decision to bring him back to some degree but fukk it. Let's see how it goes :manny:

Last edited:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
  • Tyreke Evans
  • Danny Granger
  • JJ Hickson
  • Emeka Okafor
  • Travis Outlaw
  • Michael Beasley
  • Andrea Barngani
  • Marvin Williams
  • Devin Harris
  • Derrick Williams
  • Andrew Bynum
All drafted high, touted as an upcoming breakout star or otherwise had people cysed before ultimately revealing that they really aint about shyt.

Granger - injury
Bynum - injury
Harris - 3rd-4th best player on a team, Nets asked him to carry them.

The rest i agree. Derrick Williams should be a better player than he is now. . Tyreke would have benefited greatly from better coaching.

For anybody saying Darko, I'd blame Larry Brown more than Darko.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What a shytty thread. Lakers were told they reached with Bynum with the 10th pick, he was fat, out of shape and a HS kid. Dude turned into a beast on the block, big interior presence and was an all star and also a 2x champ. He's already accomplished more than anyone expected. Eat a dikk.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
What a shytty thread. Lakers were told they reached with Bynum with the 10th pick, he was fat, out of shape and a HS kid. Dude turned into a beast on the block, big interior presence and was an all star and also a 2x champ. He's already accomplished more than anyone expected. Eat a dikk.
In a way thats true but at the same time when he started beasting he raised the bar when it comes to what people expected of him. He and Howard were supposed to be the two contenders for best C in the league. Granted i cant hold injuries against him. Injuries happen to everyone

Bishop_BP_Jakes

Prophesying on your CD's and tapes
Daps
Reppin
3-3-6 Mafia
  • Tyreke Evans
  • Danny Granger
  • JJ Hickson
  • Emeka Okafor
  • Travis Outlaw
  • Michael Beasley
  • Andrea Barngani
  • Marvin Williams
  • Devin Harris
  • Derrick Williams
  • Andrew Bynum

NEVER understood the hype around Marvin Williams. Heard TarHole fans sayin he'd go #1 in the draft if he skipped college, but he couldn't eem start over Jackie Manuel :mindblown:

Derrick Williams looked like Shawn Kemp on NBA Jam TE vs my boys in the Sweet 16 and became a lottery pick. I'd never heard from him before or since.

Can we add Kendrick Perkins and DeAndre Jordan too?

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
why is Granger on this list? he has pretty much been an overachiever or at least lived up to his hype. Not many mid 1st rounders become All Stars or win MIP. :manny:

JJ Hickson was drafted 19th overall and put up 13 & 10.5 in 30 minutes last season.

Devin Harris atleast had a breakout season and an all star appearance.

Granger injuris aside mip and all star

The rest :camby:

That's precisely why they're on this list. Im not talking about total busts, the Morrisons and Thabeets or guys out the league already.

All these guys were at some point touted as the bright future of a franchise...and the mip, the all star appearance were supposed to be evidence of these players' rising stock as stars. Instead it ended up being the crescendos of their careers. Hell, Okafor and Evans won rook of the year and aint been shyt since.

Can we add Kendrick Perkins and DeAndre Jordan too?
Cant call a verdict on Jordan yet. Maybe Doc can rebrand him as a defensive monster :ehh:

No one w any bball knowlwdge ever expected Perkins to be more than a wide body to take up space in the lane (though he managed to even disappoint in that regard :beli: )

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Michael Beasley could still be something
Jonah-Hill-Cut-It-Out.gif

Jj hickson should not be on that list
Why not?