So this "Gone Home" game...[Free on PS+ right now] *Spoilers*

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
What the heck did I just play? :why:

So I download this game cause it's free on PS+ not knowing a single thing about the game.

I start playing the game and I'm quickly like " Ok so this has a sort of P.T. vibe to it". Big empty house with a lot of dark areas. :ohhh:

I'm going around the house picking up random notes and listening to the story unfold. Couple of creepy areas, the atmosphere of the game makes you feel like you might be playing some kind of horror game. This is looking pretty interesting. :ehh:

As I'm picking up more notes it turns out the character I'm playing as is a young girl discovering that her sister was gay and she left notes about how her parents don't respect her for it. At this point I'm like :what: what the heck am I playing.
A solid 20 - 30 minutes later [MAX it could have been even less] I make my way to the attic after finding a couple keys hidden in lockers and what not and find a notebook on a table and the game ends with a note from sister or the girlfriend I'm not even sure, apologizing for leaving [It's not 100% clear whether the girl committed suicide or ran away from home to be with her girlfriend]. The screen goes black and the credits roll. :martin:
I go online and apparently this game is widely praised as a work of art. That agenda strikes again. :snoop:

Last edited:

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
I'm quickly like " Ok so this has a sort of P.T. vibe to it" :ohhh:

:mjlol:never played the game but when this shyt dropped and those lames at neogaf were on its dikk so hard I lowkey knew it was some bullshyt thats why I never played this bullshyt or undertale.

Anyways this is one of the new fake deep walk around and catch cookie crumbs of information while doing fukking nothing type of games. These shyts are very pretentious and not my style whatsoever.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
:mjlol:never played the game but when this shyt dropped and those lames at neogaf were on its dikk so hard I lowkey knew it was some bullshyt thats why I never played this bullshyt or undertale.

Anyways this is one of the new fake deep walk around and catch cookie crumbs of information while doing fukking nothing type of games. These shyts are very pretentious and not my style whatsoever.
Exactly. Its literally nothing but reading a bunch of text on notes you have to find all over the house.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I'm surprised you finished it.

Was probably one of the worst games I ever spent money on. Some websites voted it GOTY and a couple people here recommended it to me:martin:

fukk walking simulators :pacspit:

And especially fukk young lesbian woman walking simulators :pacspit::pacspit:
Like I said it took all of 20 - 30 minutes to beat. By the time I realized what type of game it actually was it was already pretty much over.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
fukking fakkit ass games psn is releasing. Ether one was another terrible game
I tried to get into that one and couldn't.
The thing with this gone home game is that the atmosphere was actually interesting to me.
They set it up like it would be a horror game so it grabbed my attention at first then hit me with the ookie doke. Sike! This is a game about a white family that has a daughter who just discovered that she's gay and ran away from home!