So, they got Jesus out here giving fades in fighting games now

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
:whoo:here we go!!
:lawd:will play this on god-level difficulty and still beat the game easily cause who is stronger than jesus??
MwOqE.gif
That gif always get me crying:mjlol::mjlol:

Reverie

Pro
Daps
Reppin
RVA
This game and this society have failed. You guys have been conditioned to accept blasphemy from any angle, don't consume :ufdup:

Then all you heathens going "can't wait to play" did you notice all the brand new posters out of nowhere appearing in this thread to hype it :ohhh: plus :demonic:

Pay attention...

Fixed

And your problem with fighting game players is...?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
And your problem with fighting game players is...?
I'm boycotting the NFL right. Some ignorant ass people say "why you not watching for Kappernick, you care about him that much" but the reason I'm not watching is because the NFL has a problem with the REASON Kappernick took the knee. If they had a problem with taking a knee they'd stop him, they'd stop everyone else. So it's bigger than Kappernick.

Now let's change the topic from Kappernick and the NFL and substitute Jesus and fighting games. You don't take people's faith and turn that into a fighting game. Remember that cartoonist who got murdered for disrespecting Muhammad in that newspaper? Basically the same shyt, same level of disrespect. If you're atheist that's cool. You think that then gives you a pass? Most people who hate region do so because of their stance on homosexuality :francis: That's just an observation...

My beef with fighting game fans? Other than you? I hate how alot of them don't want no drama. SF2 or 4, Tekken tag 2, holla at me..

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I'm boycotting the NFL right. Some ignorant ass people say "why you not watching for Kappernick, you care about him that much" but the reason I'm not watching is because the NFL has a problem with the REASON Kappernick took the knee. If they had a problem with taking a knee they'd stop him, they'd stop everyone else. So it's bigger than Kappernick.

Now let's change the topic from Kappernick and the NFL and substitute Jesus and fighting games. You don't take people's faith and turn that into a fighting game. Remember that cartoonist who got murdered for disrespecting Muhammad in that newspaper? Basically the same shyt, same level of disrespect. If you're atheist that's cool. You think that then gives you a pass? Most people who hate region do so because of their stance on homosexuality :francis: That's just an observation...

My beef with fighting game fans? Other than you? I hate how alot of them don't want no drama. SF2 or 4, Tekken tag 2, holla at me..
I agree with what you're saying here, but at the same time, I've learned to accept that the same rights that allow me to believe what I believe without fear of direct persecution, and speak about my beliefs openly, are the same rights that allow people to be disrespectful.
Does something being legal make it right? No.
But I've learned to take the good and reject the bad when it comes to these topics such as religion.
I wish people respected other people's beliefs more, but if they don't, they have that right as well.

Out of curiosity? What do you believe in as it pertains to God?

llt23

All Star
Daps
I agree with what you're saying here, but at the same time, I've learned to accept that the same rights that allow me to believe what I believe without fear of direct persecution, and speak about my beliefs openly, are the same rights that allow people to be disrespectful.
But I've learned to take the good and reject the bad when it comes to these topics such as religion.
I wish people respected other people's beliefs more, but if they don't, they have that right as well.

The real cancer of this game is the non fighting game players. If you take a peak at the steam forums for this game.....its just 1000 topics of people requesting Mohammed. People who just want controversy and edgyness... Really lame human beings.

Also my take is that having a lighthearted take on religious icons vs. others isnt really blasphemous when the churches themselves plaster icons of their gods all over the place. Not even that....there have been 'bible games' in the past, plus exploiting religion for money by religion existed way before these dudes made a video game where they fight.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The real cancer of this game is the non fighting game players. If you take a peak at the steam forums for this game.....its just 1000 topics of people requesting Mohammed. People who just want controversy and edgyness... Really lame human beings.

Also my take is that having a lighthearted take on religious icons vs. others isnt really blasphemous when the churches themselves plaster icons of their gods all over the place. Not even that....there have been 'bible games' in the past, plus exploiting religion for money by religion existed way before these dudes made a video game where they fight.
We would first have to understand the meaning of the word Blasphemy and the implications it has.

Definition of blasphemy
plural
blasphemies
  1. 1a : the act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence for God accused of blasphemy b : the act of claiming the attributes of a deityfor a mere man to suggest that he was … divine could only be viewed … as blasphemy— John Bright †1889

2. 2: irreverence toward something considered sacred or inviolable
    Definition of BLASPHEMY

By this definition I believe we would agree that this particular game is certainly blasphemous.

As for a church decorating their temple with images of saints, etc. whether or not they are offensive depends greatly on a few factors:
Some churches decorate their temple this way as inspiration and respect towards figures they revere
Some churches believe that there should be no images at all of saints, etc.

In any case, a church decorating their building with images is not at all equatable to a video game designed with the intention of ridiculing Jesus.

I take offense to any content that disrespects Jesus, or any other person's beliefs for that matter. (This is also a major reason why I could never rock with South Park. Ridiculing Jesus is a line I don't have tolerance for).
Diablo 3 is a game heavily influenced by Christian beliefs, yet in no form does it disrespect Christians.
In a way, I find it to be the best Christian game ever made, in that, in the game you play as a Nephelim (a class of heroes that are described in the bible) fighting against the forces of Hell and defending Heaven.

I just think some things should not be joked around with.

Last edited:

llt23

All Star
Daps
We would first have to understand the meaning of the word Blasphemy and the implications it has.

Definition of blasphemy
plural
blasphemies
  1. 1a : the act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence for God accused of blasphemy b : the act of claiming the attributes of a deityfor a mere man to suggest that he was … divine could only be viewed … as blasphemy— John Bright †1889

2. 2: irreverence toward something considered sacred or inviolable
    Definition of BLASPHEMY

By this definition I believe we would agree that this particular game is certainly blasphemous.

As for a church decorating their temple with images of saints, etc. whether or not they are offensive depends greatly on a few factors:
Some churches decorate their temple this way as inspiration and respect towards figures they revere
Some churches believe that there should be no images at all of saints, etc.

In any case, a church decorating their building with images is not at all equatable to a video game designed with the intention of ridiculing Jesus.

I take offense to any content that disrespects Jesus, or any other person's beliefs for that matter. (This is also a major reason why I could never rock with South Park. Ridiculing Jesus is a line I don't have tolerance for).
Diablo 3 is a game heavily influenced by Christian beliefs, yet in no form does it disrespect Christians.
In a way, I find it to be the best Christian game ever made, in that, in the game you play as a Nephelim (a class of heroes that are described in the bible) fighting against the forces of Hell and defending Heaven.

I just think some things should be joked around with.

I respect this. My point though

“You shall have no other gods before me. “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments."

If the Churches themselves do it, then they are the ones who opened the floodgates. Its why if you look at Islam, you cant even parody Mohammed cause aint nobody have any clue what his image is. I of course understand not accepting this, cause it is blasphemy, but I think the people who run the show made the original error by not following their own books.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

“You shall have no other gods before me. “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments."

If the Churches themselves do it, then they are the ones who opened the floodgates. Its why if you look at Islam, you cant even parody Mohammed cause aint nobody have any clue what his image is. I of course understand not accepting this, cause it is blasphemy, but I think the people who run the show made the original error by not following their own books.
What you are pointing out is true, and in my experience is more seen in the Catholic church.
Some will argue that Christianity and Catholicism are the same, I feel, and have experienced that they are often completely different.
One of the major disagreements I have with the Catholic church is exactly what you cited in the beginning of your post:

Exodus 20:3 "You shall have no other gods before me."

1 Timothy 2:5 "For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus"

Why then do they pray to The Virgin Mary?
In The Bible Jesus himself never even referred to Mary as "mother".
When speaking to her he referred to her as "woman".

John 19:26 - 27 "26 When Jesus saw His mother and the disciple whom He loved standing nearby, He said to His mother, “Woman, here is your son.” 27 Then He said to the disciple, “Here is your mother.” So from that hour, this disciple took her into his home."

As a Christian, I honor and respect her as the woman who gave birth to Jesus in the physical form, however, I do not worship her, and pray to her.
This may sound cold, but the reality is, The Virgin Mary is dead, and there is nothing she can do for me.

The difference I find in the outrage in Islamic culture vs Christian is that the Islam many are exposed to in America, (Or the perception many Americans have of Islam) is very violent.
Islam still practices public executions till this day.
Christianity has a very violent history, but has seen major reform into a much more peaceful, love-centric religion.

Christianity seems to be a punching bag often times because of their general demeanor of non-violence.
Of course there will be exceptions such as the clowns known as the KKK who claim to be Christian, the same way the clowns known as ISIS claim to be Islamic.

My experience is that real Christianity is one of love and service to others.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

I don't believe, I know :manny: And what I've been privy to is that it doesn't matter at the end of the day. What matters is what you do for the planet while you're here. Because you think you'll be here for a long time. 100yrs? 75? At least 62? :lupe:
Make an impact while you still can, you won't be alive long enough to know how the impact is truly felt. There is a God, and the various religions around the world serve a purpose for each part of the planet. Christianity for instance would not work in Muslim cultures. The world isn't setup equally, it's really a subject that isn't any of our business tho. We don't have enough time to debate on the universe's infrastructure, we'll be dead before we could physically prove it. And once again, isn't why we are here. I grew up as a Roman...

The error is not within the church, but within oneself :ufdup: See, none of that goes with you. An ornament, even the raping of a little boy. What would any of that have to do with your relationship with the creator. The book will teach you that you don't look to man when searching for God. Yes, God can work in mysterious ways and use vessels to showcase his glory..but if you look at man like if he is God. Then when that man fails you, you will lose faith in God as well. In this case, you have chosen something as simple as an ornament to help push you away from the light :francis:

My mom being a Roman.she prays to the entire chessboard of characters. I don't c/s all that. And in seeking truth I've come across the white washing of religion. Hidden Colors 1 goes into how of Jesus was black, black people wouldn't go. I thought to myself :jbhmm:and on my mother's iPad I changed the Jesus picture she had with a black Jesus picture.

She was PISSED :snoop:
People will always interpret the bible differently, there will always be people sinning because we are sinners. At the end of time most people will be worshiping a false prophet. That means they will infiltrate the religion, discredit it, edit it, and all types of expletives :yeshrug: