So the main appeal of living in NYC is living near traffic&walking distance to overpriced goods?

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood
????
full

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A majority of things made NYC the shyt are long gone now. The Internet as well as the middle, rich class suburban crowd that moved in pretty much ran all that away. So you pretty much have these folks coming into NYC seeing a former shadow of itself being duped and robbed at the same time because its overpriced. They obviously wouldn't know because they have no idea how it used to be. The experience they are moving in for, they can get at the very same places they are moving away from. That's what they choose to do anyway. They're wasting time and money and are leaving without anything to show for it. It's not a come up place anymore.

Don't get me wrong. It's a lot safer but in exchange for that, a lot of things are gone now.

Last edited:

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
for PEOPLE NOT FROM NEW YORK it's about the name and image and bragging rights to family, friends and others especially if they living in manhattan, even if they staying in a 1 room shack paying $3500 a month...

I say from the natives that live there i spoken with, it's only because the salary they making even if rent and other shyt is expensive.. they rather live there than moved to iowa or down south, until they ready to retire or unless jobs down south salaries match new york salaries...

Ricky Dunigan

Superstar
Daps
I still get doubles for 2 dollars

20527.jpg

My nikka... where tho? Been dying for doubles and roti.

Only time I get real West Indian food is when my sister in laws mom cooks for the family reunions

Had some bake and fish cakes at the last reunion. I straight raided the cooler they was in while my peeps were socializing

Apollo Kid

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Boom Bap Era
My nikka... where tho? Been dying for doubles and roti.

Only time I get real West Indian food is when my sister in laws mom cooks for the family reunions

Had some bake and fish cakes at the last reunion. I straight raided the cooler they was in while my peeps were socializing

Not sure about the spots in BK but I go to Trinciti out in Queens.