So the big 3 all can't engineer a durable joystick?

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I've had to replace one DS4 after one year of use, one XB1 controller after 3 years. If my Switch lite starts drifting, that's all she wrote.:francis:

But damn, Dualsense's are already drifting after 3 months on the market?:picard:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
I've had to replace one DS4 after one year of use, one XB1 controller after 3 years. If my Switch lite starts drifting, that's all she wrote.:francis:

But damn, Dualsense's are already drifting after 3 months on the market?:picard:

sucks to say but 3 years of use is fair, I guess? some of these controllers out here only lasting 6 months max

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Elite Series 2 corrected that issue :banderas:
New tech takes time to perfect. All three companies have had issues with the durability of their controllers when they introduced new features.

:yeshrug:

I've had no issues with the dualsense controller but I don't doubt they exist. I'm sure the problems will be fixed in the future.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Mine does it every once a while, and it's only for a split second :francis:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I have to say for as “cheap” as the switch pro controllers feel I’ve been using it for like 3 days and forgot that this thing even needed to be charged.

My Dual sense needs to charge once a day

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
My old xbone controller had this. Would play siege and at the start of rounds my gun would just randomly start drifting and swaying. No issues with the dual sense. Still don’t like the controller that much

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I’m on my second elite 2 controller because of stick drift. And as far as I know, the dual sense still has the same shytty sticks from before so to counter wear on all them shyts I just made an intentional effort to not man handle them joints and relax when I’m playing.

Now all that being said, they need to do definitely do better especially with that so called “elite” controller because the first one was shot after less than a couple of months and just from a little research on it, it’s common as fukk.

Another thing I do is buy multiple controllers and switch em out regularly so any one doesn’t get too much wear. And I get another controller just for guests to use so they don’t fukk up my shyt :francis:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
^^^

my mind told me not to buy the elite series 2 controller bcuz I saw far too many complaints/negative reviews for a $200 controller...many of them citing manufacturer’s defects within the first 90 days...took a chance anyway and sure enough the RB button is acting up a little more than a month after I bought it...packing the shyt up now to return...and ya in general I always buy at least 2 controllers per system (especially if there’s a sale) just in case one acts up...but fortunately I haven’t had any controller issues prior to this one not including the time I threw my DS3 up against the wall...just to find out stores were still charging full price for them shyts even tho this happened toward the end of the PS3 run