So the big 3 all can't engineer a durable joystick?

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope mine doesn’t experience this. I know the joycon is kinda off but not that bad plus I use the pro controller when I use my Switch. They really need to admit his issue and handle it better that Nintendo

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Despite the disgusting markup, jamming all that tech into that kind of space for a decent profit in a device that takes that much use and abuse is difficult engineering. I'm sure they could brute force it, but they would be heavy, unwieldy bricks.

makes sense. it's just this stuff happening launch window of these products getting crazy. I imagine Sony at least won't sit on their asses while this is happening and charge people for repairs like Nintendo did.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the elite series 2 is the only time I’ve had an issue with a controller...and I just bought that shyt a month ago...I’ve had a shyt ton of controllers...6 DS4s...5 OG elite controllers...2 joycons and 2 pro controllers and never an issue with drift...been pretty lucky cuz I read about folks having problems with that shyt on all those controllers...DS5s have been cool so far

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I’ve gone through a ton of Nintendo controllers between joycon drift and playing smash Bros with the elite:bryan:

Only issue I had with my PS4 controllers was the thumbsticks grip rubbing off until I got some lil gel cap things:ld:

Never had an issue with my Xbox controllers though and I have 5:mjpls:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Never had a problem with the joystick for any of my consoles except the switch with the drift.

And a madcatz 64 controller. I really i don’t play a lot of “intensive” games also though. Like, fighters or hack n’slash type games.